Another negative thread...

Naas V

For a while now I've been really upset with all the negativity posted on this hub.

So this is another negative thread because I don't know how to explain it in a positive way.

I can count on my ONE hand, the number of threads posted on this hub since I subscribed, where someone didn't feel the need to be a wise-ass, tried to be oh-so-clever, turned good intentions into bad ones, wanted to point out negativity, call others bad names, swear, correct others, police others, justify him-/herself, etc. , etc., etc.

Is that just typical South African, typical cyclist or what!?

Come on people!

Thanks,

Naas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee dude, not everyone can be positive every day every moment. At some time during the day some hubber has been , irritated by his wife, his children, the idiot in the car behind or next to him, or some reliative held up at gun pooint, or or or... thats disucssion I guess, you'll get the aggessive guys, the jokers. Look over it or change it to a better vibe...

Buy yourself an SA flag and stick it up (no, not there!). It'll make you feel better! Smile

Its typical of the HUMAN RACE in general. With the internet giving  everyone with access to a PC the ability to broadcast internationally anything they like, selective filtering becomes a necessary learned technique to extract anything useful.

The trick is to try avoid the negativity- it'll always be here and you'll always have smart asses trying to feel better by saying something 'clever'. I just don't click on the topics complaining about about stuff. I've got Daily News as my homepage, and thats got more then enough negative rubbish!

Why don't you start a positive thread; I personally like the negative threads; as it allows diference in opinion; and humor, and it is fun........

This thread is depressing...Cry

You'll find that every where...even with your best of friends.

"Never argue with an idiot, you'll come out on the loosing end all the time" 

For a while now I've been really upset with all the negativity posted on this hub.

So this is another negative thread because I don't know how to explain it in a positive way.

I can count on my ONE hand' date=' the number of threads posted on this hub since I subscribed, where someone didn't feel the need to be a wise-ass, tried to be oh-so-clever, turned good intentions into bad ones, wanted to point out negativity, call others bad names, swear, correct others, police others, justify him-/herself, etc. , etc., etc.

Is that just typical South African, typical cyclist or what!?

Come on people!

Thanks,

Naas

[/quote']

Sorry, just noticed you only have one hand. No wonder you're depressed, being a cyclist an all.

You'll find that every where...even with your best of friends.

"Never argue with an idiot' date=' you'll come out on the loosing end all the time" 
[/quote']

Thanks, yes , you're right - must be a huge challenge for most to be positive as already proven in posts preceding yours.

Smile

Extract...quote: "People with confidence have a ?can do? attitude and focus on the positives. They look for something positive, even when there does not seem to be anything. A confident person will admit when they make mistakes and will learn from them."

"People who lack confidence focus on the negatives, and struggle to acknowledge when things do go well. They may point their finger at everything and everyone else for their results."

But on da udder hand Darren- Sorry Naas

There are posative threads Eg- Good service from Omnico, good service at lbs, great deals from GT, New mtb routes etc...