CRC question

brad890

hi guys i was wondering if someone could help me out with this question i've got, and i know there are allot if import duty posts and stuff.

but what i want to know is, say i order a bunch of stuff form crc and it get here and its held at customs say in JHB, do i have to pay a clearing agent to clear it or can i go down to where ever the place is and clear it myself? or does one need to be registered and stuff to do that?

thanks Thumbs%20Up

Brad

There isn't a buncy of duties to pay like you think. Bicycle components come in duty-free. You just have to pay VAT and a R25 Post Office fee for delaying your order.

Don't worry about anything, the post office will eventually tell you your parcel has arrived and they'll tell you how much VAT you owe.

Go buy.

hey johan thanks for the reply

so what your saying is that there is no way the package should get detained by customs, because i'm thinking of bringing in a new fork, headset, tires and maybe wheel set.

thanks for your help

no they wont hold it

youll pay the clearing fee's & the PO fee. Strange though ive never been charged the post office fee but im not going to say anything. Thats their saak if they not clued up enough behind the counter

Generally you take your ZAR price you paid for your goods + 10% ( clearing fee ) x 14% (vat) & youll come out to an estimate of what you will pay at the post office to collect your goods

I have lately been paying less than that but according to another hubber NQALA24 who i assume works in that industry has given those guidlines to work according to

clothing will be a whole different ball game, but check all the other threads on CRC orders. Youll be trawling for quite a while. Theres a wealth of knowledge on it

I got my CRC order yesterday....on pure bike equipment (no clothes, etc. on this, I think you pay extra duties...) you pay straight 14% VAT and a R25 handling fee.....must be because they handled my package. smiley36.gif I got my slip in my PO Box, I paid the necessary cash at my post office and got my new XT crank, Fizik Gobi Saddle, 2 Mountain Kings tyres, 3 XT chains!!! smiley20.gif smiley20.gif smiley20.gif   LIFE's BEAUTIFUL....

Just a note. I have ordered from CRC plenty of times and have come to notice that if a parcel is either extremely large or the value exceeds R5k it is better to use UPS than Parcel Force to get it here. I have had 2 parcels detained by customs and I had to get a clearing agent to release it. I wanted to drive and clear it myself but was promptly informed that I am not an agent and will be wasting my time.

With UPS there just is not hassles. They notify U when the parcel is out for delivery, EFT the vat and handling and provide proof of payment to the courier guy.

philip.maree2010-05-27 02:30:46

Just a note. I have ordered from CRC plenty of times and have come to notice that if a parcel is either extremely large or the value exceeds R5k it is better to use UPS than Parcel Force to get it here. I have had 2 parcels detained by customs and I had to get a clearing agent to release it. I wanted to drive and clear it myself but was promptly informed that I am not an agent and will be wasting my time.With UPS there just is not hassles. They notify U when the parcel is out for delivery' date=' EFT the vat and handling and provide proof of payment to the courier guy.

[/quote']

Thanks Philip,

I think that's really good advice....never knew that. smiley3.gif

Sorry, just checked my last CRC order. The Post Office invoice has 14% VAT and a R25 Clearance fee, not Handling Fee as I said.

My 4th order is detained since 12th ...... it seems that it is a question of who is on duty on the day.... The others was fine.... Yes this time there was a pair of shoes and a bike bag included..... A clearance agent helped me to clear the order ( at a fee & 30 % tax on certain items ), hope to get it next week.....