Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus

kitkat

Perhaps it not prudent for me to mention this on a largely male dominated HUB but I have to say boys I learnt the first rule about bike club this weekend.

No, not don't talk about bike club, what do you think we're here for but the first rule of bike club is...(drumroll)...

NEVER EVER believe a boy (especially one with legs like Rob Roy) when he says he's going to take it easy and offers for you to ride with him.

I know you don?t mean to but you can?t help it. Your brains are overtaken by instinct and you cannot be held accountable for your actions. This I understand.

All I'm asking for is think about this BEFORE the ride...

...okay I'm outta here. I fear for my life smiley36.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much of funny...

I've decided to write an article on the subject "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus; the gender differences as demonstrated by life on a bicycle"

Think I'll send it to one of the mags...I'm about half way through.

And then I'll skip the country smiley36.gif kitkat2010-05-26 13:14:22

Guest Agteros

Perhaps it not prudent for me to mention this on a largely male dominated HUB but I have to say boys I learnt the first rule about bike club this weekend.

No' date=' not don't talk about bike club, what do you think we're here for but the first rule of bike club is...(drumroll)...

NEVER EVER believe a boy (especially one with legs like Rob Roy) when he says he's going to take it easy and offers for you to ride with him.

I know you don?t mean to but you can?t help it. Your brains are overtaken by instinct and you cannot be held accountable for your actions. This I understand.

All I'm asking for is think about this BEFORE the ride...

...okay I'm outta here. I fear for my life smiley36.gif [/quote']

I'll back you on this.

I've had to take care of a lady on a group ride, where she was invited by another bloke, but he decided to rather race with the guys... I mean really, if you invite people to cycle with you, then you CYCLE WITH THEM, not just start with them!

Every training ride I go out with the boys turns into a race. I'm NOT complaining- I am one of the boys.

Aaah tx for that Agteros.

Yup yup Yang...as my mate Eldron says "one man on a bicycle is a ride, 2 is a race" kitkat2010-05-26 13:20:01

Then ride with the guys that don't shave their legs and drink beer ;-)

Procrates2010-05-26 14:00:43

Guest Agteros

Then ride with the buys that don't shave their legs and drink beer ;-)

Not true in all cases smiley2.gif

Then ride with the buys that don't shave their legs and drink beer ;-)

Not true in all cases smiley2.gif

My case defnately. My "training" only happens on weekends.

Aaah tx for that Agteros.

Yup yup Yang...as my mate Eldron says "one man on a bicycle is a ride' date=' 2 is a race" [/quote']

Kitkat, one day you will hook up with one of the girls who also only know how to race when they go out training. Then what?LOL

Like in one of my recent races, I was beaten by 24 girls. Unfortunately none of them wanted to marry me.Cry

[quote name=Yang

Like in one of my recent races' date=' I was beaten by 24 girls. Unfortunately none of them wanted to marry me.Cry
[/quote]

I have learnt to stay away from small blonde ladies with pigtails here in Lux and in Belgium.

They will ride you away and give a little smile doing it.

Guest Agteros

This is not about training volume / frequency, drinking habits, leg appearance, nor testosterone.

It is all about plain good manners. Trying to excuse leaving people behind (especially ladies) just shows a lack of respect and bad manners.

end of 2 cents

Agteros2010-05-26 14:11:56