Free and Fair MTB Seeding

knippie

Free and Fair Seeding for MTBikers in the WC

Western Cape MTB Commission is working on bringing the cyclists Free and fair seeding!

You think this isn't possible?  Well your wrong, with the help of all mountain bikers and event organisers every mountain biker can have free seeding for local and national events.  No timing chip needed, no paying membership to get this.

how?

If you still wonder why you should register on the WCMTB website then you know now, the more members the more we can get done!  And it's not going to cost you anything! Big%20smile

Yay, someone outside KZN has seen the light, well done. If only those Gautengalengs would wake up too (the administrators that is) and use ROAG. (I have no financial interest or otherwise in ROAG).

Cool. Has this got anything to do with the new guy in charge of MTBing in SA who was on SuperCycling this Tuesday? He mentioned something about the CSA wanting to introduce a new seeding system, separating road and MTB if I recall hearing that correctly.

I agree its a good thing. The problem is that different events will recognise different seeding systems unless there is one system that is endorsed by CSA.  It will also need the other systems PPA, Super Seeding, MTN, etc to buy into it.

It wil also be important to set criteria so that there are no "soft" events that allow riders to obtain a better than justified seeding.

So why have Gauteng chosen to go their own route ?

Yes, they are utilising results from the ROAG database but the ROAG number board and timing chip are totally superfluous in Gauteng and one has to purchase a new number board !!

Vested interests perhaps ??

Seeding will be done via SA Seeding.  They do the seeding for all the league races as well as many other big events.

Hi Knippie

Will SA Seeding use PPA events as well? Ideally the seeding system should be as inclusive as possible.

Currentlt SA Seeding only seem to use the MTN marathon events and ceratin races where the roganisers have linked in.

What first needs to happen (and this will take some time) is cyclists need to register with Roag (free) , they will do the on-line entries for events and these results will then be used for a seeding system, Roag and SA Seeding work together.  So yes event organisers will have to work together to make this possible.  In my mind it is the least they can do as without cyclists they will have no events and I also feel that the cyclists has been at the short end way too long.  BUT yes in theory this can work but we need the support of the cyclists to get this right!

We have had a meeting with PPA and will keep cyclists posted on this.