I was called a SISSY!!!

Naas V

So I pushed my bike down some ridiculous single track.

Guy on bike, who can't climb by the way, came pass me calling me a sissy. Next one laughed at me, third one looked at me like I was something pityful.

Fortunately, the wheel of life created some more hilly sections ...Tongue

My question  is and I'm posting this to the real MTB'rs, don't know if there are any on the hub(...MTB'rs are suppose to be kind , considerate, cleancut, upstanding individuals)...

...if I'm a SISSY, what do you call those mostly overweight, seemingly brainless and responsibility-free gentlemen that came past me or behave like that on any other given day?

See, I'm building a MTB trail and I wanna put up some signage for the people.

Now I've got this one ready:

20100528_043845_sissy.jpg

Thank you - all ideas welcome Smile

Naas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag shame!

On this website if you can't swallow razor blades, drink diesel and p*ss fire you're a sissy get used to it or buy the blades and the diesel.Big%20smile

Guys,  I'm being serious but want to add some fun to the trail.

So it's gonna be a fairly modest trail but with sections where the riders will have the option of going the safer route  or be a little bit more adventurous and signs will tell

The Brave.....to go a certain way

and

SISSY's to take the safer option.

Looks like I hurt some ego's ???

Sorry,Smile..

... and please help out with names.

Thks, Naas

20100528_063828_sissy_&amp_Brave.jpg

Naas V2010-05-28 06:40:29

I see the MTN National Series has gone all PC on us - it's no longer chicken run but "alternative route".

A chicken run is a chicken run - by calling it an alternate route you don't exactly inspire people to try the real deal do you?

Call is pansy pass, chicken run, moffie move, sissy surrender - anything that creates a bit of motivation to try the technical side!

Chicken run = Twinkletoes Route

Bull run = Yeeeehaaa (or Eina) Route
Taps2010-05-28 05:57:00

Ha! at Sani2c they have 'Mild' or 'peri-peri' signs... no need to mention who one of the major sponsors is.

I kinda like the sign - the only thing I would change would be to just have the first S being the girl. It is a bit hard to read otherwise - especially at a glance.

You do know that it's a matter of time before some female hubber points out that not all girls are sissys?

In fact, I know some girls who will ride the scary stuff better and/or faster that some guys (myself excluded Embarrassed).

Just a thought...

Better get riders doing your MTB trail to sign indemnity forms, when they see that sign the'll be too embarassed to use the sissy route and by using the hard core one could end up in hospital.