On*one Sterling SS.

Mudsimus

20100528_050614_IMG_3837.jpg

And thanks to Kiwi for the awesome service. Will post complete bike later today.
Mud Dee2010-05-28 07:36:00

20100528_050614_IMG_3837.jpg

And thanks to Kiwi for the awesome service. Will post complete bike later today.
So come dude, details, details...

2hrs23mins to build the bike? Impressive. I really dig the Sterling Moss Green colour. Mackie2010-05-28 07:43:54

2hrs23mins to build the bike? Impressive. I really dig the Kawasaki Racing Green colour.

Ha ha..It was done about an hour ago...Wink And its Sterling Moss Green..LOL

why do you have a chain device on a frame with horizontal drop outs?

Waited for that question...LOL Then I can run a longer chain to make changing sprocket sizes easier. And I like the noise it makes.

why do you have a chain device on a frame with horizontal drop outs?

Was about to ask the same question.

Nice bike by the way

Another reason for the chain device...I normally use a 14t. The chain device allows the chain to engage more sprocket teeth at once.

Then I can run a longer chain to make changing sprocket sizes easier. And I like the noise it makes.

except for the sound part, that is the beauty of horizontal drop-outs. It can accommodate quite a few different gear ratios.

Then I can run a longer chain to make changing sprocket sizes easier. And I like the noise it makes.

except for the sound part' date=' that is the beauty of horizontal drop-outs. It can accommodate quite a few different gear ratios.[/quote']

True. But with the chain device I dont need that much movement when changing gears. And like I said..another reason is that it enables the chain to engage more gears in a smaller gear. Most SS should not have a smaller gear that a 16t. I use a 14t.

Re: 14 tooth.

What size chainring are you using? can you not get a bigger chainring to keep the ratios similar?

Not meaning to sound like an %ss, I mean if works for you great.

I use a 32t chainring. I love the 32-14 ratio. Never had any issue. I sometimes use a 16.

Man I love SS - they're so clean - not too many cables all over the place and no derailleurs and stuff.

Beautiful bike!

I use a 32t chainring. I love the 32-14 ratio. Never had any issue. I sometimes use a 16.

36-16 would give you a similar ratio.

Down here I use a 34-18 for Tokai etc.