Burry's tricked out Spesh 29er!

Eldron

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com//2010/05/26/1/stander_sj29_full_view_220.jpg

Q-Rotor rings, S-Works Carbon Cranks, Carbob-Ti bolts, prototype tyres, carbon everywhere create a 9.23kg 29er!

I'm not sure about Spesh's sloping frame though - Burry has the stem inverted to get the bars lower and they're still the same height as the seat!

Ahhh to be fast enought to have people make custom suspension for you....

Enjoy!

Burry has the stem inverted to get the bars lower and they're still the same height as the seat!

and he does not even have a cover over the top headset bearing. All to get the stem low enough.

Burry has the stem inverted to get the bars lower and they're still the same height as the seat!

and he does not even have a cover over the top headset bearing. All to get the stem low enough.

Indeed! And Burry is quite tall - the small frame is probably like riding a chopper...unless they stick the stem between the frame and foork and just use a cap on the top.

Hmmm I remember a TdF TT bike that was built like that. Ullrich's I think....

glad to see I'm note the only one running a negative 16 degree stem on the 29er.......

man you need to be fast to get away with the red and black grip/bar end set up smiley1.gif

I have the same size bike as Burry but I'm a bit taller. my seatpost has to be a 400mm and the stem is flush on top of the dust cap. -5deg and my saddle is just higher than my bars. I'm 1.8m

Yeah the Custom Suspension is trick, he's obv used to his Epic front end.

Damn Bastard has the renegade 2bliss tyres I wanted too Angry

Mine needs to lose 500g compared to the little maestro's.

Tarmac-GSTR2010-05-28 09:12:35

Thought he was actually quite short ?

Hectic bike' date=' lighter than my 26'' er eish !
[/quote']

Burry is 174cm - I'm guessing his Spesh is a medium.

I run a normal 10cm stem on my large Niner and all is well...bars are about 15cm lower than seat. Nice aggressive racing position Angry

I can lose 110g in my pedals and 80g in my rotors...

I am also thinking of getting the Romin saddle. goes very well with the colour scheme.

I wouldnt mind trying a -10deg stem i think it might work quite nicely. just need to find a truvativ in that spec.

I am also thinking of getting the Romin saddle. goes very well with the colour scheme.

It's not about the colour scheme.

You simply can't go wrong with the Romin saddle.

It is named after Dr. Roger Minkow who has helped Specialized with a lot of their BG stuff.

I have one on each bike, highly recommended.

Yep I checked out the blurb on it ,Dr. Roger Minkow. ..it has the best blood flow stats on their entire range.

I have the Toupe, Toupe Gel, and Phenom SL. My brother rides the Romin.

I know with Spez I can just get the 143 in whatever saddle and it will work.

Tarmac-GSTR2010-05-28 09:10:09

smiley20.gif

I have had the entire range, even did an Epic on a Toupee.

The Romin is a different beast, it was designed to keep your sit bones exactly in the same spot whether you are low down on the bars or sitting slightly higher up.

I climbed on one at their launch in Salt lake City last year and the rest was history.

Burry's wheelset is about 250g over a stans/amclassic build....so close to sub 9kg!

But with his wheel pretzeling reputation he may need the extra strength!

Burry's wheelset is about 250g over a stans/amclassic build....so close to sub 9kg!But with his wheel pretzeling reputation he may need the extra strength!

Yip agree with you, that's why I built my wheels with A Classic rims and DT 240s hubs.

In all honesty if one was to go light with strength on a 29'er the the Edge Carbon rim with either a 240 s hubset or A Classic hubs, but the price ........ ouch !!!!

I really dont like. If I want a bike with the bars higher than the saddle Id buy a chopper. And that negative rise stem looks silly.

smiley20.gif

I have had the entire range' date=' even did an Epic on a Toupee.

The Romin is a different beast, it was designed to keep your sit bones exactly in the same spot whether you are low down on the bars or sitting slightly higher up.

I climbed on one at their launch in Salt lake City last year and the rest was history.[/quote']

Compared to the toupe I found it pretty stiff and wide initially. I'd need to spend more time on the romin. As it is I'm finding the Phenom hitting the insides of my thighs when I stand and singletrack and lean back off the rear of the saddle, so i worry the Romin will be the same but maybe its a rounder profile.