On One 29er

yeboabe

My first 29er, got it friday affie finished build @ 11pm and raced it to 2 x top 5 pos this weekend, now to refine it.

Not that detailed pics with cellphone, just under 11kg from the electronic bathroom scale, thanks wayne

20100531_024317_back.JPG

20100531_024330_front.JPG

20100531_024341_middle.JPG

20100531_024351_full.JPG

very nice, am very jealous of that fork........I'll reserve comment on the yellow bar ends tho. smiley9.gif

Was wondering if you have clearance issue with the Race King 2.2 at the back?

I ran Mountain Kings 2.2 front and back but when I replaced the rear with a Race King 2.2 the clearance suddenly was very little. If you look at the 2 tires the Mountain King looks like a 1.9 and the Race King like a 2.4

About 4 B...hair, very close but ok even with the mud and cutt grass combo. and i use a combo top/bottom pull FD

I run a 40/28 and 11-34 on the 29er and 40/28 11-32 on my 26".

Normal 104/64 BCD crank with TA Specialites chain rings from www.starbike.com have used the PMP chainrings and they also work very well

stupid question, but how do you modify/limit the front derailleur or shifter to shift only between the 2 rings and not drop the chain on the inside?

stupid question' date=' but how do you modify/limit the front derailleur or shifter to shift only between the 2 rings and not drop the chain on the inside?

[/quote']

you just screw in the outer limit screw......(in the case of running a blade in the middle and granny positions only)

As per what Rock said, move the chain to 'new' big blade then turn the limit screw until you can only shift down and back up once, the screw will stop you from using the next 'click' in the shifter