Wow = new chain + new cassette

So yesterday I eventually fitted my new cassette (HG50 8spd) and new chain (KMC) and this morning my commute was fantesticle.

Never released what a big difference it could make.

Will also like to add that I did confirm the myth that riding a chain beyond 1% wear requires a new cassette (try 2%!!!). That was my first chain that got replaced last year.

After I took off my old oem-cassette I noticed that the teeth still looked fine but on closer inspection I noticed some nasty wear - not good at describing these things but metal in the dip of the teeth had sharp edges and bulging of the metal.  Explains my poor shifting and chain skipping.

Can also say that this job is impossible without the right tools (only R200 for chain wip and cassette remover).

Now I'm fine and cannot wait to get my new chainset - my granny-gear legs no longer enjoy 48-38-28 Cry

So yesterday I eventually fitted my new cassette (HG50 8spd) and new chain (KMC) and this morning my commute was fantesticle.

Never released what a big difference it could make.

Will also like to add that I did confirm the myth that riding a chain beyond 1% wear requires a new cassette (try 2%!!!). That was my first chain that got replaced last year.

After I took off my old oem-cassette I noticed that the teeth still looked fine but on closer inspection I noticed some nasty wear - not good at describing these things but metal in the dip of the teeth had sharp edges and bulging of the metal.  Explains my poor shifting and chain skipping.

Can also say that this job is impossible without the right tools (only R200 for chain wip and cassette remover).

Now I'm fine and cannot wait to get my new chainset - my granny-gear legs no longer enjoy 48-38-28 Cry

if i get the bike clean - do you fancy a ride round the block? I need to get my fat ass back into shape

If its tar my bike can handle it LOL and I also need to get some time on the saddle. Last month was not good with my exams I just wrote.

Hey, whattchit! Are you confirming the myth or busting it?

Confirming the myth JB - riding the chain to 2% did not cause any visible damage for an inexperienced hubber to see but it was done.

Did a 14km ride this evening and did not feel the uphills - bike was smoother than a politician.