Spruit - Be Careful

clivem

I rode the Braamies Spruit around 9am yesterday from the Emmerentia side toward Paulshof with my 2 sons aged 14 & 16.  Just about where the Riverclub Golf Course starts on the right hand side, one son was hit on the back by one of the local resident chaps, with what he thought could have been a stick or something similar.  He quickly bent his arm around to feel his back and then fell off the bike as he looked back to see if he was being chased.  I am not as fast as them and was about 40m behind at this time. When I arrived he was lying on the ground.

My sons told me what happened and I saw the "culprit" who then sidled toward us.  My instinct was to avoid conflict so we rode off quickly.  I decided that we would ride back up the same track on the way home so as not to let the situation get the better of us. 

But this time we were armed with our pepper sprays, just in case we were confronted.  But the "culprit" was nowhere to be seen.  I did however notice one of those Golf Course guards nearby but on the other side of the river with what looked like a shambock in his hand.  I wonder if the "culprit" tried to cross over to the Golf Course side and was spotted by this guard. 

Anyway no-one was harmed and nothing stolen so it may have been nothing.  Probably nothing untoward as we did see other cyclists before and after this, but...  Just a warning to fellow riders to be vigilant.  I also dont think these lighties should ride there alone either. 

Can you describe the dude.

He was youngish, guess about 18-25 yrs, darker than normal skin, hair not that short, medium build. 

Can you describe the dude.

Yes, he is NOT white, doesn't have light coloured hair, hair is very very curly...LOLLOL LOL I see 40million suspects in SALOLLOL