MTB race seeding!

Santa C

Hi Guys,

Any of you keep getting the same problem when you go to all the  mountain bike races and they seed you incorrectly??Angry

When will we get a proper/correct seeding in this country??

Santa C2010-05-31 23:06:16

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think this system lacks a bit of objectivity. If I alway like to stand more to the front of the bunch to have a good position by the time we reach the single track.

The faster guys of the bunch catch the ones in front in any case. But if your resluts are that good and you can prove it, then it's worth putting up a small fight.

I sympathise with you as I'm in a very similar position but in  this instance I have a "G" seeding LOL and all because of one race where I in fact finished 7th (and rode it with a rigid fork) !!

Ag nee wat, I dont understand their system at all, and it doesnt seem to help to query anything. It took days for them to answer my e-mail, and then it was only some vague reply saying nothing

Atleast I made it into F batch somehow without doing previous events for the half marathon, gonna require allot of passing, eish !

Atleast I made it into F batch somehow without doing previous events for the half marathon' date=' gonna require allot of passing, eish ! [/quote']

As jy by my vrou sou verby gaan, pass net mooi. Ja, ek weet jy doen altyd. Sy start darem in want sy kon darem een race laas jaar doen.

Sien jou daar en sterkte.

Start Procedure:

70km Marathon
A + B = 7h30min
C + D = 7h37min
E + F = 7h44min
G + H = 7h53min
X     = 8h00min
Z     = 8h07min

40km 1/2 Marathon
A + B = 8h30min
C + D = 8h37min
E + F = 8h44min
G + H = 8h53min
X     = 9h00min
Z     = 9h07min

21km Fun Race
Seeded = 9h27min
Unseeded = 9h20min

8km Fun Ride
All = 9h30min

I rode the shorter distances last year and the seeding worked pretty well in the latter races the first race was a bit of a disaster

Doing the longer series this year and got an E seeding for this first round I would assume after you put in a good or bad performance they will update your  seeding for the second race based on your performance

If I had to seed myself I would of prob given myself an E anywayLOL

Oi Viv what bike/kit u riding ? will look out for you

Oh and liscence wise, how does it work for this event, AFIK I need one, do I get it at the venue ( a day liscence ?)

I'm riding in an Accu-Chek kit on a white Commencal. I have junior racing license, you can pay for your license when you enter. If they didn't present that option, just tell them you assumed it wasn't neccessary...

Dankie' date=' jy ook MJ ! Where are you seeded ? [/quote']

Somewhere in A bunch...Will see how that works out. Hopefully better than Lionman.

Kief MJ c u and Viv there !

Viv I entered online, payed for the entry and SAS boardm but there was no liscence function ?

I entered through the same procedure. It should give you the option to buy a day license from the same place as the number board, but don't see it there. My dad has never bought a day license, so I would worry about it...