Orbea & alternative XS Frames/bikes?

racman

1) Who stocks Orbea in CT ( and elsewhere if no-one)?

2) Any ideas/reviews on the Orbea Aqua Dama (Alu & carbon fork and stays - no, not forkin stays!! Big%20smile), price and alternatives etc.

3) Any decent alternatives for woman specific or else frames that have XS as well  (need 50 - 52max top tube length but ideally 51 TT)?

I need to look at a reasonable bike build for my wife, now that mine is almost complete. She currently has an old Trek 1200 (year 2000) with 7 spd so want to upgrade due to the following reasons:

1) Get her excited about cycling again and

2) So I don't feel quite so guilty after building my new bikeLOL

Ideally I want to put Campy Mirage, but will look at decent alternatives. 

racman2007-07-30 04:04:32

Hi Racman!

1) Willie Engelbrecht will be able to get you one - i've gotten 2 Orbea frames from his shop near Tygervalley - great service and they should be able to give you a good dealThumbs%20Up. So give them a go.Smile

2)I have the Orbea Aqua Dama (also XS) and i'm very satisfied with it - gives me endless miles of pleasure!!! (but jaaa...doesn't any Orbea?Wink) Really...what i'm concerned, you can't go wrong! Just promise to post photos okay, thanxWinkLOL

3) i thiiiiiiiiiiiink Cannondale has one - don't know what it's called, but it has pink writing on it - looks quite nice and i know it comes in REALLY small sizes because one girl in town has one and she's waaay shorter than i am(ja ja...hard to believe as i'm not the tallest of peopleEmbarrassed)!

Nellie, I had a sneaky suspicion that you would be the first reply  Big%20smile- thx

What colors are available ?

Thx - had a look on Saturday but she was not impressed with the look etc. The question I was asked was why us males (and I presume the bike designers) always think that a woman's bike must be all "girlie looking". Apparently woman also want bikes that look purposefull and "mean" and cool, and don't need a bike to look like you would cover the seat with a "doilie" - don't blame me, I never said it!!!LOL

Haha - i wonder why?Embarrassed But you're more than welcome!!Big%20smile

Well...white frame with orange writing (i've got that oneBig%20smileBig%20smileWink), white frame with purple writing, a black frame with i think greyish writing and a blue frame with white writing.

Thx Nellie & Orca - have looked at the web site and they look gr8!! I am sure I saw a pic you posted of yours sometime Nellie ( with the "illegal" back wheel I think!!)Big%20smile

I noticed that the USA market seems to get a totally different color scheme to ours (orbea-usa.com).

Haha, ja Racman, i've put quite a few photos here on this siteEmbarrassed

ORCA - shot!!!Big%20smile...we've got another friend for the Orbea clubBig%20smileClapStar

I must admit I am looking forward to building the bike up for her as I have just finished mine (no - not an OrbeaBig%20smile) so will need to source advice from the hub on components etc.

We have pretty much decided on Campag Mirage (probably compact) groupset and I purchased a Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow from CWC last week - looks great. They have the SLC Lady Gel flow as well but out of our budget and does not look as comfortable.

(I still find it amazing how everyone is suddenly raving about how great the new Trek Madone is when it looks like they have just copied the Orbea Orca )
racman2007-07-30 08:14:07