Die Burger MTB Challenge

rysmier

I did the 42km and must say it was really challanging. But i thouroughly enjoyed it.

Saw a few crashes but one seemed really serious on a stretch of downhill a few kms after the orange and banana stand. There were 4-5 other riders attending to the guy who was laying face down and looked pretty banged up.

Did anyone see this. Do you know what happened to him?

Was that at about the 5km mark?

Was that at about the 5km mark?

Was that where the warnings were for the drainage ditch on the descent? One of the guys in the 1st 60km batch came down behind me on that ditch and the sound effects were scary.

Going back to cost of photo's, cost of entries, value for money, ... I thought it rather disappointing that the bulk of the income comes from the shorter distance events but they only give prize money for the 75km. Giving people boxes of fruit juice and socks for a top 3 finish in an event with 500+ entrants is not great, particularly considering the high profile sponsorship the event receives.

• 11 months later...

Almost time for this funride again whoop whoop

Now if this weather would just allow us to ride a bit more, damn I`m sick of this weather. From tomorrow there might be a few better days.

Now if this weather would just allow us to ride a bit more, damn I`m sick of this weather. From tomorrow there might be a few better days.

Yup fitness levels nowhere close to where it should be since i have issues sitting on a stationary bike inside a building.

Does anyone know the altitude of climb on the 60 and 40 distances for "Die Burger"?

Or can someone give thier opinion on the comparison of say the 66 at Tulbach to the Burger 60km so I can decide which route to choose.

Found the 66 very tiring at Tulbach but also found my front disk was rubbing heavily - must have got a knock on the route.

Does anyone know the altitude of climb on the 60 and 40 distances for "Die Burger"?

Or can someone give thier opinion on the comparison of say the 66 at Tulbach to the Burger 60km so I can decide which route to choose.

Found the 66 very tiring at Tulbach but also found my front disk was rubbing heavily - must have got a knock on the route.

The 42 is quite easy regarding climbs, and there is not a lot more climbing in the 60. I think the 60 will be fairly easy if no mud.

bummer, its in the fast!!!! :thumbdown:

Are you allowed to at least drink fluids under "special considerations" and just eat before sunrise?

My diaibetic colleages drink water during the day.

Are you allowed to at least drink fluids under "special considerations" and just eat before sunrise?

My diaibetic colleages drink water during the day.

Muslims with Diabetes are exempted from fasting.

But some of them can if they want to and are able to fast.

Yes before sunrise last time to eat and drink.

When fasting we stay away from all food and drink.

:oops: :offtopic:

have fun those who are doing it :clap:

Edited by Meezo

Thanks - 60 it is

Definitely the 60, it was loads more fun than the 40 last yr. 40 had almost no single track ( i heard people complain) while i enjoyed the 60 a lot

Thanks - 60 it is

I did the Tulbagh 66 took me 4 48 mins the burger 60 took me 3:58, Tulbagh was a lot harder or i just had a kuk day.

I did the Tulbagh 66 took me 4 48 mins the burger 60 took me 3:58, Tulbagh was a lot harder or i just had a kuk day.

Better than my 5h04 - might have been the break rubbing :oops: