Pickup driver stabs cyclists

splat

Its in the US and A.

The post article comments get interesting (and most sound VERY familiar)

A pickup driver charged with stabbing two bicyclists after he bumped a rider on a Jacksonville service road has over a dozen traffic violations dating back to 2002.

Matt Roger Salmons, 25, of the 1800 block of Gabin Road, has been cited twice each with careless driving, running a stop sign and speeding among 14 driving violations in the past eight years in Jacksonville, according to Duval County court records. He had no violent charges or felonies.

Monday he was charged with two counts of aggravated battery and one count of simple battery following a confrontation with a group of bicyclists who were pulling in to the Kent Campus of Florida State College at Jacksonville.

The riders were at the end of a 60-mile trip when one was brushed by Salmons, who was passing through the group in his truck, according to the Sheriff?s Office arrest report. Tempers flared and Salmons stopped and got out of his truck.

During an argument, Salmons was punched and two riders were stabbed before Salmons left.

One victim, 51-year-old John Wesley Faulk of Jacksonville, suffered one stab wound to his stomach and five on his back. He was in fair condition at Shands Jacksonville hospital Tuesday. The second victim, 48-year-old David C. Elcess of Jacksonville, was cut once on each arm.

The two cyclists were among about 100 riders in an annual Memorial Day ride sponsored by the North Florida Bicycle Club, ride director John McDowell said.

Police met with Salmons a short time later and were told he stopped to check on the welfare of the bicyclist who was hit and then began arguing with several people. He told police he retrieved a pocket knife and ?went to town,? the arrest report said. Police were told a knife was kept in the truck, but did not find one there.

Salmons was injured when he was punched during the fight.

On Tuesday no one was at a Westside residence listed for Salmons on his arrest report. Faulk and Elcess also were unavailable for comment.

Salmons is being held in lieu of $205,000 bail in the Duval County jail.

one driver against 100 riders....................just seeing this dude stop would make me think he was either Jacky Chans cuzzy or that he had a slight mental dent!