Just about nearly run over

BrendonMyb

You know i didnt want to complain & thought to keep it to myself but its been bothering me quite a bit & i need to vent

Saturday morning round about 10h:30 ish im on my way back from doing a planned 85km ride from PTA east towards cullinan & back.

On the donkerhoek gravel road ( which is about as wide as a 4 lane highway - no kidding ) theres this guy that comes towards me in a double cab hilux bakkie in the opposite direction with 3 other pretty staunch guys in the cab aswell.

anyhow so im minding my own business just trying to get back & well on the left of the gravel road ( force of habit ) when this twit deceides to take the piss & comes for me & narrowly misses with that big ass silver mirror on the side of the car

i thought of giving him the up-yours but with 3 others in the car i thought better of it. didnt feel like going home & please explaining to everyone. mind you i havent even told my wife otherwise she'll make me sell my bike & this is a MTB mind you.... supposed to be a bit safer not so ? haaa haaa....

anyhow i just think his such ( ill keep the name calling to myself because its way worse than what i can type here )

the wheel will turn & i hope he suffers BADLY

so for those that ride that gravel road from the boschkop road towards donkerhoek. Be careful !!

actually come to think of it, we might just be riding a part of it in the Nissan Hazeldean race, so keep your wits about you
BumpNgrind2010-06-02 08:56:38

wish i did, but its funny.

at that moment in time i didnt think of it. I was just trying to avoid being hit & thought to myself you ^&*&^&*&&^&&^ beep beep beep beep

Maybe he was already loaded on brannas and coke for the rugby. Glad it did not end badly for you.

Like those (deleted) (censored) types who think it's sooooooo funny to drive up and shout at your shoulder when you're on the road. So original.

I know I shouldn't 'cos it just puts negative vibes into the universe, but I can't help thinking how lovely and appropriate if Mr Double-cab and others flipped their cars, wrapped themselves around lampposts, etc.

Now you know where those "First for Women" insurance ads come from.

I just wonder how sick in the head you have to be to actually wanna ride someone over purposefully. I cant even turnaround & say it was a taxi. This is some well earning by the looks of things white guy that probaly has a wife & kids

perhaps i should aim my corrola at his kids & see how he feels then....

not that i ever will ( i dont have the guts to do something like that ) but you get the point.
BumpNgrind2010-06-02 09:24:14

What a total turd! Testosterone only works in groups (obviously monkeys). I'm glad the fool didn't run you down. People like that infuriate me. I carry pepper spray on me and would have given him the finger. See how the fool and his buddies fight that! Friggin loser!

Pepper spray in the bakkies vents could have been funny, seein the three 'manne' fighting eachother to get out first. BUT then they would probly draw a piece and either shoot you or beat you senseless.

Guest Frail4Life

Better to just keep yourself safe.

But let the sh*t touch you? Sue his @***

I have learnt venting your anger at someone just gets yourself into trouble.Angry  

Glad to Hear you are Well.Big%20smile

Similar thing happened to me and my girl on the botlery road on monday, this prick and 3 of his buddies in a 1300 city golf tried to pass as close to us as possible in the shoulder of the road to see if we would get a fright and fall off our bikes.

Whats the real tradegy is that you (we) sit and stew about it and the driver had already forgoten the insident by the time he took the next corner

I believe that often those guys are ex 1st team rugby boys who have never exercised a day after their last school match. And now they have issues with their wives or girlfriends looking at our fine cycling bodies as they pass us on the road , while their men only have beer boeps to offer!

Well said Mr. G, I lost 15kg from when I was in matric when I started cycling, girls that were there with me can't believe its me when they see me haha