Proper Winter Gloves?

FrancoisO

I want to buy myself winter gloves for road and MTB, but cannot find gloves that keeps my hands warm.  I currently ride with gloves on which the manufacture claims it is for temp of between -5 to 10 deg.  You will lose fingers if you try to bike in that range with these gloves.  Anybody know of warm winter gloves and where can i get?FrancoisO2010-06-02 09:13:17

Are those made for the winter?  Sorry, gloves looks great, but my hands are smaller looking for Mediums.

ive fitted some of the Xact winter gloves at my Lbs the other day, great fit and cheap, not sure if they gonna be warm enough for you though

From what I've read on US and Euro sites (where they actually know how to deal with the cold), lobster-type gloves are pretty highly recommended:

http://gearjunkie.com/images/2100.jpg

Someone local also said they go and buy proper gloves from Cape Union Mart etc. and wear those over their normal cycling gloves.

Edman2010-06-02 11:17:12

Howzit, I got an awesome pair of winter gloves at Cajee's cycles in Bruma. It cost me R450.00 - it's called Garneau Flex Zone. I have always struggled with hands getting cold and these are the BOMB! Their number is 011 616 1777

Guest Frail4Life

I got a pair of gloves from, I think

Cape Union Mart or Due South. They were less than R200.

The labeling says Thermalator 40 gram insulation.

I have been in countries overseas at that tempreture.

I have also done alot of Endurance events in South Africa on and off the bike no hassles.

I will pop in at Cape Union and check back. 

I'm looking for something like this ...

20100603_003119_Spez_Winter_GLo.jpg

It's only rated "moderately cool 50?F/10?C" (wind and rain resistant upper with a standard Clarino palm for moderate breathability) - but I'm sure it will be ok for me.  Only $40 ... in the USA ...

Where can I get in SA?

Look for gloves made from Windtex material. I use Louis Garneu ones for years now and it is fine. The past week I've leaving home at 6:25 to ride to work and they hold up nicely.

I used to ride in the Magaliesberg area during winter - frost till 8h30 next to the road. Go to a motor bike shop and ask them about gloves. I got a good pair that did the trick. Bikers know a lot about cold riding.

good luck

Howzit' date=' I got an awesome pair of winter gloves at Cajee's cycles in Bruma. It cost me R450.00 - it's called Garneau Flex Zone. I have always struggled with hands getting cold and these are the BOMB! Their number is 011 616 1777[/quote']

Look for gloves made from Windtex material. I use Louis

Garneu ones for years now and it is fine. The past week I've leaving

home at 6:25 to ride to work and they hold up nicely.

Yes I can also vouch for these - Louis Garneau - Wind Tex Eco Flex!

they are very comfy and breathable enough to ride in slightly warmer weather to.

Tankman2010-06-03 00:58:20

If you going riding somewhere other than SA, you can always get thermal inners to go with your gloves...

20100603_005607_capture2.jpg

I had the Specialized Deflect previously.

They were nice and comfy, neoprane top, excellent in the rain!

Kept out the cold but should have been named "Defect".  They have a weak spot, so be weary of anything with a soft leather palm, it wont last long!

20100603_011458_capture3.jpg

20100603_011425_capture5.jpg