Bridge Cycles Tokai Night rides - Thursday nights

david16v

Hey Guys, Bridge Cycles is getting mountain bikers together every Thursday night. We meet at Total garage @ 18:30. Ride normally until 20:30 weather depending.

Feel free to come join us! The more the merrier!

And Remember, make sure your lights are charged! Ouch

david16v2010-06-04 01:35:37

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we talking!! (Southern Suburbs) Was last night the first ride? Give more details...where did you guys go? How riders was there? Need to get myself a more powerful light first. Would love to join in.

Last night was the first ride of many to come!

Several of us are using Blackburn slX8, 2 x individual lights, one spot and one wide.

Rode up fairy garden, up the main hill.

Hooked a right at the top of the main hill and rode towards the next single track opposite the cobra single track near some brocken down building.

Then rode up the the tarmac road.

From there we rode back down towards Silvermine. We rode past the waterfall and then decided to hook the left hairpin bend which was nice and fast downhill.

Did some single track on the way down.

We are encouraging all riders around the Southern Suburbs to join. It doesn`t matter about your pace, if the fast guys want to ride up front so be it! We ride up to certain points and wait for everyone to group together again, before we carry on!

We might even stop in at the Total garage after the next ride for some coffee!

So just come along! Will keep this Post up-to-date about the up & coming rides, weather depending.

The last update will prob be around 16:45 on a Wednesday evening.

Huh...I'm being blonde, dont know where's that. (only Silvermine) Tokai? Great, will bring my camera.

Sorry my girl gaan my hopeloos te hard moer as ek met daai by die huis aankom

I would think in the region of about R2000.

If I can get the X6...I'll be happy.

Gonna be there! Last Thursday's ride was lekker Big%20smile

Tell all your friends to join us for a fun ride with plenty of laughs!

I am looking forward to this, although I am so slow during the day I might only make it down by the next morning (hope my lights laast that long) Clap

How many of you were there last week?

This sounds fantastic ... as it did last week when I was making some instore purchases and heard the chit chat.

Unfortunately my MTB skills suggest that I need some more time in daylight. Embarrassed

My skills leave a whole lot to be desired, but I figure nobody will see me plonking along in the dark Embarrassed

Hey guys, weather is looking good for Thursday!

Unfortunately Mark wont be joining us this week as he had a bit of a woopsee last week! He will however, be there for about 10-15mins to hand out lights to the guys that would like to experience night riding for the first time.

If you guys then decide that night riding is for you then you can always see Mark2 @ Bridge to purchase some lights!!Tongue

Last week we had 6 riders, hopefully we can get more guys together this week.

Will update closer to the ride!!! Don`t forget to charge your lights!