Schwalbe nobby nic's VS Maxxis crossmark ust

Bman

haha opposites.... but which would you prefer? if you had a choice? or if you wanted to ride tubeless with both?

Crossmarks on my Merida, like a dream.

Brother has Rocket Ron's on a GT, likes them as well, by they not tubeless.

@Marius, what would you recommend?

really depends how and where you ride...

if i had to choose between the two for winter(rain), ill put a nobby nic front not the crossmark.

the crossmark has that continuous pattern with the little crosses in the middle, so its not really suited for a rear tyre if you look for good traction on the technical climbs(personal experience).... but it will last longer than most. its heavy

if you do alot of distance and gravel roads i would say crossmark will work front and rear and last looong.

good setup is crossmark rear, monorail front.... if you want maxxis

good setup schwalbe will be racing ralph front and rear (expensive)

I couldnt make up my mind so i put the Nics up front and crossmarks at the back. So far so good. Only complain is that the nics are thinner than they shoudl be for a 2.1

haha every one seems to agree the crossmarks just not good for the rain, with a fall experience included.. shot menseSmile

I think the crossmark is a faster heavier more reliable Tyre (punctures).

The nobby nic probably more grippy.

For the EC were I live, I would probably say Cross Mark

I've seen the crossmarks fitted wrong way round (back to front) in the rear. Apparantly it helps it grip better if you are doing some climbing over loose. In the wet I have found they clog up a fair bit. Have not had any punctures (touch wood)

i ride with nobby nics and im very happy with them for climbing they are king for corners they are tops ...and fast ...buuuut they tend to be flat more than they have air in them ...run them hard with a good fork or dual set up and they are the ones to use .....

my 2C's