Ryan Cox

pete

I have been registered here for a while but have never posted before - so, so sorry that such a sad event is the cause of my first post.   Having seen Ryan interviewed on tv a number of times, all I can say is what a tragic loss of such a fine young guy and a fine cyclist.   Sincere condolences to his family, friends and BW teammates

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Cox family we express our deepest condolences on the lose of such an amazing Athlete, Friend, Sibling and Son. The cycling world will mourn his loss for many years to come. He showed so many the way and gave so many others a reason to continue. Ryan is now in the arms of the father and will rest in peace there. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.

Members and Management of Team Jeep South Africa.

Our sincere condolences to all the freinds and family of Ryan.....He was truely one of the best in all aspects of cycling......on and off the bike...

He will be missed

This is really sad news, it just reminds me how short life is and we just never know when our time will come. His untimely death is a wake up to me to be steadfast in my faith in God and be ready any given moment for when that time comes.

God bless the Ryan family in this difficult time.

With shock i heard about Ryan.

May God be with you in this difficult time...

" Your talent was Gods's gift to you. What u did with it was your gift to God" ~ unknown

R.I.P Cox

Got this hero card from your site a while back, and by reading all the responses I know I am not alone, hope to meet you there one day......

20070801_090557_Hero_Card_RyanC.jpg
RudeDog2007-08-01 09:08:05

Very well written tribute Sean, a nice way to remember the man. Like you I was fortunate enough to have my paths cross with Ryan's on a few occasions.

For all the hard work and dedication to the sport a million thanks  - its great people like you that make events what they are, cycling will miss you greatly - Fond love to Karen, the family and the all your cycling buddies from Melis and Annie at Amashova

Thanks Sean for such a moving tribute to great cyclist, great friend and great person!!

Dont know if its on any of the previous listings or thread. the memorial ride is planned for Tuesday at 2pm, leaving from Finishline Cycles and the Funeral is at the Maranatha Church, Kemptonpark..

Just wanted to add a couple of other comments to those who didnt know Ryan. He was always willing to help, never had a big head and was always the one pro who had time for even little people, people that just started cycling, etc. He always had time for others; just as an example, while training VERY hard for Tour de Langkawi he was asked to take a new junior cyclist for a ride, " no problem, tell him to meet me at Finishline in an hour" was the immediate response. No hesitation!!

If there ever was one SA rider i looked up to from the day i started cycling, it was Ryan. He never, ever had a big head. He always gave back!!!

If you know his mom, Karen, you can see where he gets his attitude towards life from. they ARE both excellent people who are always willing to help. My only regret with regards to Ryan is that i never got a chance to really thank him for ALL the help he gave me in the past.

RYAN, YOU WILL BE MISSED MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!!

OUR HEARTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! I DONT THINK YOU EVER KNEW HOW MANY PEOPLE REALLY LOOKED UP TO YOU!! CHEERS TO YOU!!!

Terrible news, my thoughts are with his family and loved ones.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I never knew Ryan personally but for some reason it hurts like he was a close friend ? This ?closeness? is probably due to the great postings and feelings he conveyed through his website which I have been following for years.

Hamba Gashle Ryan...

I feel the same Swissvan....I never met him but from reading through all the postings he must have been one awsome dude...

Ai ai ai....RIP Ryan

don't know about you guys, but reading these posts about ryan has given me the shivers. i've just gone out and given my boys an extra big hug! hope they'll ride like and be as good a person as you all say ryan was!