"Friendly kids"

wicker

Be careful of the "local" kids on the side of the road putting their hands out to greet or asking for sweets or chocolate.

Six of us were riding "long Slent" this am and one of the ladies fell behind 50 meters.One of the kids grabbed her handlebar and she had a nasty fall .She had to be collected by car.Ouch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh that is terrible. Unfortunately this things are really beyond our control. No matter how much we try to be careful, unexpected things still happen.

I hope the lady you mentioned didn't get badly hurt.

SWAT Pepper spray the little sh*ts :lol:

I'm a trust worthy guy but was born in the Eastern Cape. Don't trust these little f**kcs as far as one can smell them.

Also checked out SWAT pepper spray at my local security store, its R105 for a small canister (R130 for the big). Well worth getting.

SWAT Pepper spray the little sh*ts :lol:

I'm a trust worthy guy but was born in the Eastern Cape. Don't trust these little f**kcs as far as one can smell them.

Also checked out SWAT pepper spray at my local security store, its R105 for a small canister (R130 for the big). Well worth getting.

I can definatly vouch for the use of Pepper Spray, Ive had to use it on a couple fellas that tried to run me off the road, sprayed it into their Bakkie cabin, lol. That will teach them.

• 2 weeks later...

I can definatly vouch for the use of Pepper Spray, Ive had to use it on a couple fellas that tried to run me off the road, sprayed it into their Bakkie cabin, lol. That will teach them.

You're joking. Right? :unsure:

Well...props for busting a cap(sicum) in that fule drivers ass and starting a gang war between the brandewyn & bakkie guys and the rest of us peaceful cyclists :D

The way some of the farmers drive in KZN means you probably go through a can a week :P

I'm tempted to get a can for myself. Unfortunately a lot of our motorists in Pta seem to be suffering from Alzheimer's or something and have forgotten all the rules of the road :(

You get any decent discounts on your bulk purchases, Crack? And would you be willing to help out a fellow hubber in case you do? Last I saw, a can of mace went for about 13 piecost at my Builder's Warehouse, which is just under a full week's worth of studyfuel for me :(

That is such a sad way for a ride to end, though. I wonder what was going through the kid's head?

"Those handlebars look like liquorice. Let's grab a piece!"?

"The pack hasn't noticed that it's left behind one of its youngins. Quickly, pounce on it and grab that energy goo they hide in the back of their shirts!"?

Kid tried that stunt on me I'd give him his sucker...a sucker punch more like :(

• 3 weeks later...

years back at The Jock some kids ran out in front of 3 of us after the %^&*s in front threw their "left-over" gels and stuff up in the air for them... and then one tried to grab chilli's water bottle from the bike. she didn't notice cos i saw what he was planning... amazing what a cleat can do to a theiving little $%^&

SWAT pepperspray. Need to get some as well. Had problems with a neighbour while running on Thursday. I didn't want to take him on in front of his gate out because he probably would have put his dog on me. Will peppersray take care of dogs(a boxer in this case)?

The SWAT seems to even work on Politicians :) My local security shop told me to get the spray and not the mist as I also need something for dogs (I often take my son to a park where there are lots of dogs) - he recommends only SWAT

cervelo, the only thing that will take care of a boker is one mother****er big bone with bits of meat still hanging on it!

cervelo, the only thing that will take care of a boker is one mother****er big bone with bits of meat still hanging on it!

with a sleeping pill in... and then I can take the owner, without pepperspray!

SWAT pepperspray. Need to get some as well. Had problems with a neighbour while running on Thursday. I didn't want to take him on in front of his gate out because he probably would have put his dog on me. Will peppersray take care of dogs(a boxer in this case)?

A rolled up newspaper and tap on your neigbours nose while repeating NO out loud should do the trick, after that he'll keep his dog locked up.

Nice. What happened next?

Did they ride off the road or hit the brakes?

They jumped out the bakkie in a quite a hurry, as you could imagine there was a lot of curse words coming from them. So in beteween them trying to find the door handles it gave me the time to make a hasty retreat. I was ready to fight too, but thought it better to just get the hell out of there. They were more shocked that I defended myself from the looks on their faces after I first dosed them.

Serves them right, I'll do it again.