Any news from the Kremetart????

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

I see no comments about the Kremetart..... how did things go????? Big H2010-06-06 12:14:32

I see no comments about the Kremetart..... how did things go?????

How can you miss the Creamy Tart bra ?

It went pretty damn good. 

Perfect weather (wind on stage 2 must have been lousy but nice for stage 3) Not too cold at Potjie so good turn out there.

Yours Truly did the 70km (13/140 & Ist Master) and the 40km mountain bike this morning.  Yesterday's effort proved too much for today, so I did not do justice to Johan's fantastic course. It was nice to do some of the single track in daylight as I have only done most of it in the dark at 10pm.

My only gripe was no energy drink refill stations at stage points as in previous years and which i was counting on, they had coke only so i ended up riding stage 2,3,4 with only water, my overall times was the slowest of all the 4 i've done, wind on stage 2 was not too pleasant.

Rest was well organized, very little motor traffic, feeding zones at the stages were efficient, motorbike mechs zooming along the stages helping out those with mech problems, cold castle at the end and delicious potjiekos made it enjoyable 

My only gripe was no energy drink refill stations at stage points as in previous years and which i was counting on' date=' they had coke only so i ended up riding stage 2,3,4 with only water, my overall times was the slowest of all the 4 i've done, wind on stage 2 was not too pleasant.

Rest was well organized, very little motor traffic, feeding zones at the stages were efficient, motorbike mechs zooming along the stages helping out those with mech problems, cold castle at the end and delicious potjiekos made it enjoyable 
[/quote']

Plenty of Powerade on tap right next to the coke table, on every stage.

Obree at stage 2 and 3 i walked up to the guy at the coke stand and asked where can i get powerade, they shrugged their shoulders and said there is none. If as you say there were, perhaps the coke marshals can be informed.

I had a fantastic day found the organization 100% no complaints from my side.I now know why everyone rates this race so highly.Will definately be back next year..cant wait!

My ride was from dawn to dusk - rolled in just before cutoff on all stages just when all the hot dogz getting ready to start again eish but a great ride all in all, route is really enjoyable around the Soutpansberg and through boabab land to the north: ?good roads, good to see all the traffic cops and SAPS helping out and getting into the spirit of the event. As mentioned headwind on stage 2 was tiring and that was the hardest stage. Good vibe in the Comrades group. ?Enjoyed it all except countdown jingle and perhaps mr mc could pass the batton.

Great day, such a good event, thanks to the organizers and maybe the whole town as everyone seems to get involved.

No results up yet on CC is a bit unusual /annoyin.

So who won it? 

Going from memory here, but I think Jacques Janse van Rensburg and Cherise Taylor.

it was a fantastic event. thanks to the organisers, helpers and the town of LT!

I did the 175 km on Saturday in VB and this morning the 20 km MTB with my daughter. The long climb on the short mtb option surprised me but it was beautiful and enjoyble all along. trails were marked well and the routing through forrests and bush just awesome.

Will do the combo again. Road race is one of the best. Roads are excellent and quiet. truckers wait patiently at road blocks and cheer us on to go faster. Only thing I dont get: Why do some riders still consider it 'cool' to throw their empty gel wraps into the ditch? Stack your trash!

yeah also gripe at the cyclists taking the water sachets, i noticed a number discarded along the route, either drink and discard at the waterpoint or stick it in your shirt pocket and dispose it later.