Nitida/hillcrest WP XC 06Jun10

THE BODY CENTRE

some pics from today's racing

20100606_115208_IMG_5846-1.JPG

Shortlegs (is there a bike you DON't ride??)

20100606_115308_IMG_5952-2.JPG

U/23 first lap

20100606_115351_IMG_6035-1.JPG

Andreas Studer

20100606_115432_IMG_6335-4.JPG

monkeyman

20100606_115523_IMG_6417-2.JPG

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics! Don't see too many vineyards up in GP. Studied in Stellies so those pics made me really "homesick". Nitida. Niiiice.

I have over 2000 pics, was there all day, walked the whole track --  I am not going to upload the pics to the website. If you are interested in your pics, please PM (or mail: rust at iafrica dot com) me as much info as possible to ID you - and we take it from there Smile

Wow, stunning as usual.  Love the Merida guy pic!

Also quite interesting to see all the roadies riding mtb in winter (Vulgar, ShortLegs and Ihlenfeldt!!!Shocked  Imagine that...).  You guys are lucky to have road in summer and mtb in winter to keep riding all year long.  Hope you appreciate it...
Willehond2010-06-06 17:17:12

Great pics, Wonder what the results were. when looking at those steep little climbs Im almost glad I didnt ride. Also no place for a 5'' FS there, looks as smooth as a babys bum, and all of those riders look stronger than me! (ok except the kid)

Bos, I had no choice but to race on a 5" trail bike. Got eaten alive but still had a lot of fun.(except for the extra lap that I went and did by mistake!)

Would love the organisers to put in more technical sections though. the fit guys just clean up the regular joes on non technical decents and climbs!

iRide2010-06-07 00:53:25

Bos' date=' I had no choice but to race on a 5" trail bike. Got eaten alive but still had a lot of fun.(except for the extra lap that I went and did by mistake!)

Would love the organisers to put in more technical sections though. the fit guys just clean up the regular joes on non technical decents and climbs!
[/quote']

Man I would love someone to make a real hard technical race, with gnarly drops, and Tokai/ jonkershoek like stuff 90% a track with a downhill section like the canary trail or the bridal trail where one can easily make up 2 minutes on guys on hardtails, before they blast us to peaches again. Its going to eat me as much as them but man I would love to get the satisfaction Big%20smile

That trail at Hillcrest looked very hardtail friendly.

Bos, you can ride that course on a cyclocross bike - nothing special.

If they made a trail with DH quality stuff in it they would scare a couple people.... That being said, hillcrest has some of the ugliest climbs in that area.

...of getting blasted to peaches again?Why don't you Try downhill racing,its fast and technical and they give you a lift up to the top.Wink

There were two sections that were like tufted grass and a little uncomfortable on the HT, otherwise nothing you'd need a full sus for.

Some steep climbs and the downhill singletrack was smooth and fast flowing. I would have preferred more technical riding to make up some more ground I was losing on the climbs ...

Overall though it was a very nice course.

Tarmac-GSTR2010-06-07 10:22:36

Wink... ugliest climb of them all

20100607_102312_WPXC1276.JPG
OH MY WORD. I CAN FEEL THE PAIN. @ RONELLE...IMAGINE ME ON THAT HILL ?