Virgin active rave

stewie911

Being a runner and cyclist I've always hated the cardio section at a gym and couldn't understand how people didn't get bored exercising on one place for so long.

For several reasons I couldn't ride or run the past 2 weeks and had to drag myself to Centurion virgin active armed with my ipod touch.

Results: Not to bad.

Almost every machine has a tv or you could plug in your earphone and watch on the big screen.

There's almost a dozen different machines. 10 min on a few of them and you've got a total boday workout/cardio session.

Machines with tv screens also have a RCA input for your own movies

They've got a normal spinning bike with a screen and ipod mount. So I just plug in my ipod and watch series on the screen or you follow the virtual instructer.

If all else fail, they have a free wifi network so i watched some youtube videos. Listened to the top100 song(legal ipod app)

Go VA

those spinning bike are useful when its raining outside and you can set up a good program based on your HR and cadence.

I find it great for recovery session - you can keep your HR right where you need it to be - total control over it.

We as cyclists really neglect our upper bodies a lot so something like super circiut can only do us good.

VA has really taken their cycling/spinning seriously and has employed some MTB/Cyclist to do the spinning classes - go and take a look - I`m sure you will find someone with your taste in music/style of riding - great when you are short on time.

Stewie911, get on that stairmaster as well! For running its a great leg workout which assists uphill running, without the impact of actually running up hills.

I am a firm believer in strong running legs equal strong hill climbing legs on your bike.

I'm unable to cycle out on the road early mornings due to time constraints. So I do a spinning class every night at VA.... Mondays its leg training with spinning Tues to Thurs.... Friday off with Sat & Sun out on the road for +-3hours.

It was defenitely not a cyclist that designed or chose the seats for the spinning bikes.... they are awfull.... 5 minutes and it feels like I have someone elses willy in my pants..

the spinning instructors @ centurion are very good. and those spinning bikes with the tv's are also very nice.

Just a word of advice, DONT LEAVE YOUR LAPTOP IN YOU CAR. they have a reputation for stealing laptops, even when out of sight. VA said they are not responsable and wont do anything to curb this problem. Angry