National Champs - another clean sheet

Poison Ivy

I saw this on the CSA website this morning. These were the riders tested at SA's. My question is:  I suppose these were randomly selected, but why were no podium finishers tested (with the exception of Jnr Women) and no u/23's or elite ladies? 

And we want to clean up the sport, then this doesn't add up in view.

<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />W Serfontein - Vet 30-34 (10th)
D O'Reilly - Vet 30-34  
(6th)
C Steyn - Junior Women
(7th)
E Lezzi - Vet Women
(actually vet men 40 ? 44 ; 12th)
P Kemp - Vet 40-44
(5th)
E Visagie - Junior Women
(2nd)
R Janse van Rensburg - Junior Men
(5th)
P Botha - Junior Men
(25th)
N White ? Elite (6th)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So Nick was the only Elite tested! thats very interesting!

I think it should be standard that your top 10 is tested and 5 randoms in each category! I would actually go as far as saying that everyone should be tested!

I think its stupid, and anyone who is as naive as saying that the locals dont dope here..........open your eyes

agree with you guys totally about who should be tested but dont think we have enough $ to do all those tests..

And the problem starts where? the level that wasn't tested at all....U23!

I happen to be at U23 level and I dont see any controls at any races! Thats the time in a cyclists pro-life where you should nail doping, before they hit a contract!

Agreed, money is the major issue, but maybe, thats where the entrance fees to the races should go! If we want to develop cycling in this country, thats one step forward

im also u23 boeing and totally agree with 100%

money from entry fees dont usually cover the total cost of the race and this iw here the sponsers come in.maybe what could be done is to get a company to sponser dope tests accross the country kind of thing

How can they test if the ONLY machine in SA is STUFFED. And all the cyclists know it you can test for steriods because that's a urine sample but the rest are blood and the machine is US.  Then there's the case of elite men having a big wallet and not giving a hoot.  So before EVERYBODY including the top elites and vets do not come clean we are farting in the wind and we all know how that helps

My R0.02c worth

With the number of Malt Smoothies you put away, I'm very concerned about you farting in the wind!

Elite men have big wallets? I think someone has miss informed you mate. The pro elites are racing in sa to earn a living and if there are any elites out there in sa taking dope get a life and a real job. If you need to take dope to race in sa then you might as well stop.

ConfusedLooking at that list, it seems to me that they were selected from those sure not to be taking stimulants - saves a lot of hassles!

No one tested after the time trials.

And to Flying Scot - make no mistake, there are plenty of SA's out there who would take just about anything even for a bit of local glory.

agree with you guys totally about who should be tested but dont think we have enough $ to do all those tests..

With the extra income from cyclosport licences we can give each region a dope testing budget to test a certain amount of races from club races to regional to national events.

Blood test or urine?

Did they test for EPO.

biggset wallets vets.

I spoke to the father of a Gauteng rider, asked him hows his son, replied. If that asshole just stop doping things will be better. But the rider then punctured at SA's and didnt get tested.

they can send blood samples to Onderstepoort where race horses are tested. apparently its only half the cost and the testing process is exctly the same