CS300 Speed Sensor

Shakes

I have a Polar CS300; and it is no longer picking up the speed I am doing; so naturally the batery is done...

How long does the sensor normally last? I have been to all outlets in Port Elizabeth; and no one seems to have stock of this model speed sensor. PLease help; and what would it cost?Cry

I've had mine for over 2,5years now and only replaced the watch and body strap battery. Still keeps ticking strong - best investment sportwise in a long timeBig%20smile

The CS300 uses the same sensor as the CS200. But the packaging on these sensors only says something like "For CS200". Just in case you didn't know. BTW they sell for R395 plus a CS200 bike mount here in GP.

Else just open the sensor and replace the battery.

The CS300 uses the same sensor as the CS200. But the packaging on these sensors only says something like "For CS200". Just in case you didn't know. BTW they sell for R395 plus a CS200 bike mount here in GP.
Else just open the sensor and replace the battery.

How do I open it; and what battery does it use? This does seem like to clever thing to do; and it would be cheaper.

I do recall a thread on replacing the battery not too long ago. I doubt the battery can cost you more than R50. Worth a try on something you would have replaced anyway.