Durban MTB trails?

Cranky

I'll be in Durban for the June/July holidays. We plan to ride at Giba Gorge and Holla trails (and maybe Stainbank reserve). Are there any other spots not far from Durbs worth visiting for a good workout?

You can ride another route every day for 10 days at Holla and still not do them all. Between Holla and Giba, you will be kept very busy.

Drop us a PM if you want someone to ride with at Holla, I live in Ballito and am a member there.

Stainbank is fantastic but try to ride in a group.  If you get bored of these routes you could always do a day trip to Clearwater Trails down the South coast , but I don't think you will. Tongue 

Depends how far you want to travel. Sani Spoors in Underberg (www.sanispoors.com) have awesome single track. There are 5 trails about, 30km in total. About 2 hours from Durban

fella's wheres holla trails?? in ballito? similar vibe to giba? bigger by the sounds of things??

Yes Holla is inland from Ballito, yes bigger...but not as technical ups and downs.

I think you need a combination of the two to get really fit for races.

Yes Holla is inland from Ballito' date=' yes bigger...but not as technical ups and downs.

[/quote'] www.hollatrails.co.za there are showers, bike wash, pub, restaurant and kids play area.

Thanks all. I see that there are races at Giba and Holla while I am there too, so looks like that will be plenty.

I have to get to Clearwater one day, but not on this trip! Hadn't heard of Sani Spoors - thanks for that.

Stainbank is fantastic but try to ride in a group.  If you get bored of these routes you could always do a day trip to Clearwater Trails down the South coast ' date=' but I don't think you will. Tongue  [/quote']

Wheres the clearwater trails?? im south coast side and interested?? didnt know these trails existed??Smile

Yes Holla is inland from Ballito' date=' yes bigger...but not as technical ups and downs.

[/quote'] www.hollatrails.co.za there are showers, bike wash, pub, restaurant and kids play area.

Holla trails looks awesome thanks man... wheres stainbank reserve?

Always good to have some local knowledge and local riders with you..there are some secret spots that can only be accessed if you know where to go :)

@Bman: Stainbank Nature reserve is in Yellowood Park. Clearwater Trails is in Port Edward. Clearwater has a website, ask google!!

oh thats way down the south coast, thought we were more local my side of the world south coast, will check it out on google though thanks.. yellowood park closer, keen to check that out too..