Weight limits?

gummibear

I was wondering with wheels having a rider limit,what about other parts ie seat post,stem and bars.

Surely some of these super light 850 grams frames have a limit to or do dealers just sell to get them off the floor?

Sounds probable, but once heard that carbon is one of the strongest materials around so don't think it should be too much of a problem, but then again I could be extremely wrong. Please don't quote me.

Cannondale states that there are no weight limit on their frames. smiley1.gif You get a lifetime guarantee as well. smiley2.gif

Well the new Scott 899 that is replacing the Scale as I understand it, is 899g, not sure what size that is though.  Can't see there not being a limit on that, but I'm more worried about my bank balance being limited there haha !

Well the thing is with Big Frames they are usually a bit heavier than you Medium frame to make sure that it does not break. I have a new CAAD9 63cm which is a light frame and fork but being so big it weights almost 1.9kg for the frame and fork. Not to sure about the Medium frame that needs to take a sponge bib square pants though.

bars i must admit do worry me, the thing about cabon is it snaps and does not bend. 

I would rather feel a bit of bending going on before biting the earth than to just land on my pip!

Mark when aluminium bars break they do not bend they snap. In an accident they might bend but what happens generally is they get a stress fracture that gradually gets bigger and bigger and then it fails catastrophically

Carbon tends to crack easily (it does not bend plastically) but it does not separate because of the fibrous nature of the material...

either which way broken bars mean hitting the deck smiley11.gif