bike balancing

Palaeodom

I've just brought myself a new carbon frame and whilst its very light it wants to steer to the right. Obviously all the heavier parts, crank etc are on the right hand side but are there any set up tips for getting the bike more balanced?

Use lead weights on your left pedal and gym only the left side of your body.

Kidding, haven't really had such a problem

Long shot but maybe your headset is too tight or not seated properly?  Next I would have a good look at the fork to see if it is symmetrical.

it's not the weight. as above check wheel alignment, wheels in dropouts correctly or yep, a too tight headset will make it hard to ride with no hands.

i thought the same of my bike at some stage, then realised that it was the rear wheel that was buckled slightly. Check your wheels.

The bike might actually noy be trailing right...

Meaning, front and rear wheel is not running in the same line...

Possibly a frame or fork alighnment problem... Unfortunately the sollution to that is expensive(New frame or fork expensive!!)

Cheapest option...

Have a good wheelbuider check the dish on your wheels....and align them accordingly...!!

Good luck!!

I had exactly the same problem on my aluminium bike.

I had someone hold my bike and had a look fom +- 10m behind the bike. The front and rear wheels didn't allign. The vertical allignment of the wheels wasn't the same.

After a bit of a struggle with the manufacturer, they sent the frame in for tests. The test results showed that the frame wasn't straight, and they are replacing it for me at no charge.

Don't take "no" for an answer! Good luck.