2nd Hand Carbon Frames [Road]

Sani

I am shopping for a 2nd Hand carbon frame , Where do I look for any cracks or damage on the powerpoints , What frames are the strongest . Is it a big chance Im taking in purchasing a second hand carbon road frame . Could anybody please help .

I am a very happy owner of a second hand carbon roadbike and mtb. Look for cracks everywhere.

Don't ask which frames are the strongest. There are hundreds of them. If you have a frame in mind, then google for reviews.

Places to look for are where the top tube joins the seat tube, the whole bb area, where the top and down tubes join the headset and the rear dropouts. You should actually check the whole frame for hairline cracks that can later become problem areas.

There is no problem in buying a second hand frame as long as you have insurance because 2nd owner means no warrenty.

As for wich frames are the strongest, that can turn into a very lengthy discussion because everybody has his/her personal opinion. 

Hi Scottman 1

I am selling my BH global concept G1 carbon frame.

Please PM for details and pics.

Thanks for that tip steelhearted ! I will insure it , I forgot about that option .

Hi Scott,

Remember to check for cracks/damage where the cycle has been incorrectly fastened to a carrier. Possibly not the usual place to check.

Regards

Sarge