crank lengths?

mark ellis

how do you know what crank lengths to ride?

looking at ordeing a new groupset and not sure if I should be getting 170 or 175?

what is your lenght?  Go for 170mm if you ride a size small..... or do DH or free riding. 175mm should be fine for a medium / large bike size

Rule one: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Your current crank length is stamped on the inside of your crank, next to the pedal hole.

I found 175mm was clipping too many rocks when I upgraded to a medium full-sus. Have just swapped to a 170mm set-up and seems to be much better in this regard. But you should have a reason to change size, otherwise stick to what you have.

I found 175mm was clipping too many rocks when I upgraded to a medium full-sus. Have just swapped to a 170mm set-up and seems to be much better in this regard. But you should have a reason to change size' date=' otherwise stick to what you have.

[/quote']

You must be joking....5mm makes such a huge difference?

Oh yes mamma, I picked up 2,5 mm differenrce within a km of riding, and I know nothing about riding a bike, not like the most hubbers which are pro's!!