"Hold Your Line; Hold Your Line...!!"

'Dale

The Cav-enator is in trouble at the Tour de Suisse after not holding his line - but veering to the left - in the sprint towards the finish!

Several riders crashed because of his poor judgement.

Check out that wheel - EINA!

After last season's 'Tour de Klapmuts' where many crashed, let's hold the line this coming season...

Sprinters - big pleaazze.

Tired ones - big pleazze.

Slower ones - beeg pleazze.

20100616_110052_1_bettiniphoto_.jpg smiley2.gif

Geno2010-06-16 14:21:03

so in other words, even the pro's dont hold their line?

what makes u think G group funriders will?

They showed this on Sky News. Cav is likely out of the TdF as a result of the injuries he brought upon himself here- so much for the green jersey- up in a puff of smoke, just because he wanted to pig out on another win by shunting off his line. What a tosser for depriving himself from the Tour. Cheeezz....

I've never done a road racesmiley13.gif but really want do the Argus and 94.7 but the way you roadies complain makes me think twice... In an MTB race, if someone doesn't hold their line I go around them. But it's not the same, I know, just saying...

Crucify me, I'll get the popcorn! Is tar harder than gravel!

btw, I do follow road races! GO LANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Schlek, Contador, Bassso, Evans(Mr MTB), try and beat Oom Lance!!!)

AND Cav is a legend!! Even though he's a pommy, he's arrogant and quick!! Everything you want in a cyclist!! GO LANCE!! smiley4.gif

I've never done a road racesmiley13.gif but really want do the Argus and 94.7 but the way you roadies complain makes me think twice... In an MTB race' date=' if someone doesn't hold their line I go around them. But it's not the same, I know, just saying...

btw, I do follow road races! GO LANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Schlek, Contador, Bassso, Evans(Mr MTB), try and beat Oom Lance!!!)

AND Cav is a legend!! Even though he's a pommy, he's arrogant and quick!! Everything you want in a cyclist!! GO LANCE!! smiley4.gif [/quote']

haha...yes, everyone should just go around Cav

Mellow2010-06-16 17:33:43

I've never done a road racesmiley13.gif but really want do the Argus and 94.7 but the way you roadies complain makes me think twice... In an MTB race' date=' if someone doesn't hold their line I go around them. But it's not the same, I know, just saying...

AND Cav is a legend!! Even though he's a pommy, he's arrogant and quick!! Everything you want in a cyclist!! GO LANCE!! smiley4.gif [/quote']

No need for Contador to TRY and beat la, he already has.LOL

Excuse my arrogance but what has holding ones line have to with the collapsing front wheel? looks like he was in front anyway

[/quote']

One of the worst MTB crashes I have seen was due to guys not holding their line. We were heading into Riversdale in the Epic in a big bunch when some tjop decided to just change his line and brought down a whole lot of guys. As one of the roadies in the group, I saw what was going on and managed to avoid it. The MTBers didn't though...

Never be too smug! Wink

jmaccelari2010-06-17 02:35:17

Haussler doesn't look up at all, right up until the point where he comes down all you can see are the vents on the top of his helmet, nasty surprise for him. Cav pretty much already had the win, no need to cut up the guys sprinting for 2nd and 3rd!

I've never done a road racesmiley13.gif but really want do the Argus and 94.7 but the way you roadies complain makes me think twice... In an MTB race, if someone doesn't hold their line I go around them. But it's not the same, I know, just saying... 

I also started racing Road the last 2 years only, and Its not so bad. quite similar to the start of a big Mtb race.. If youre fine with that first km youll be fine. just keep your eyes open! dont, I say dont overlap your front wheel with another okes backwheel, Often on a slight hill someone in front of you could get out the saddle to climb, that splitsecond of getting up lets the person slow up a slight bit, you then overlap wheels and try to swerve to mis him= crash.. Ive seen these happen, and Its darn nearly happened to me! Keep your hands on the brakes, have I mentioned Consentrate! It gets much more relaxed as the race progresses but the herd is often twitchy in the beginningWink