Meals on Wheels

2 X 2

Has any hubber done this race before?  What does the 90km route look like (easy, moderate or hard), is it flat, hilly or extremely hilly?

Thanx

Did it last year, relatively flat out and back route with a few long drags. Finishes on an uphill. scotty2007-08-02 06:29:34

Doing the shorter 40k distance this year, my fitness sucks most of the  time, it just sucks worse now.

Censored Wind on the return turned this from an easy ride into a survival mission.

Nice to know there are still value for money races around, got a T shirt, medal, muffin and energade Clap 

Morning Scotty, you didn't lie.  The route wasn't that difficult, but the wind made it extremely difficult.  I'm very glad that my buddy convinced me on arrival to do the 40km instead of the 90.  As for the organization, I must say, it has been a long time since I received so many "freebies" with a race.  And I haven't even pre-entered.  The hospitality was also very good.  Will definitely do this race again next year.  There is talk that the date may move to September.  Just a pitty I didn't meet you Scotty

smiley29.gif Geez we Bionic Laaities thought we would come enjoy a nice fun race tured out We didnt feel anything like the other guys looked like!!!!Going out was a very nice ride but turning back really sucked I wished I stayed in bed but hay..... Cycling is a gard sport hay!!!!!And just for the Record we cycled to the race from Springs did the race and rode back just wish we had a tail wind back home!!!! smiley29.gif

Hi Backlash i was in the blue and white JMBC MTB kit, i was with the front group of about 6 till the 1st steep downhill doing about 70kmh when my bike started to shake and i stopped to check it, turns out it was just the wind. Chased to catch the bunch then just as i made contact, they put on a burst of speed leaving me to fend for myself. I picked up 3 other riders and we rode the rest of the way.

Spidey, were you in that leading trio coming into the finish on the 90k, there was a bionic rider there.

Scotty then you must have seen me, I had a blue windjammer over my Telkom cycling shirt