Bicycle Power Trading & Bicicletta...F*** YOU!!!

MintSauce

These are two companies whose goods I will never ever buy, use or promote.

Why you ask...?

Because they are SPAMMERS!

To both of you....if you happen to read this, here's a little message from me to you...

www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

MintSauce2010-06-17 01:37:45

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always think to myself when I'm about to blow big bucks, being over R500... do I have the stuff in my hand, yes = pay, no = do not pay!!! Unless I've made pretty sure who the seller is. The internet is a non controlled shopping mall, there is no law regulating who can advertise or sell. A very dangerous place indeed. So, if you lose money there, its because of yourself.

These are two companies whose goods I will never ever buy' date=' use or promote.

Why you ask...?

Because they are SPAMMERS!

To both of you....if you happen to read this, here's a little message from me to you...

www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

?

[/quote']

Minty ... please advise on just what has sparked this comment.

If you mean that (Bicicletta) are spammers because they often post rather usefull cycling related goods on this list then I disagree with labeling them as such.

I have bought from them before and Shamus has been a stand up guy with respect to sales and after sales service.

Hairy

It's simple really....both these companies have sent me unsolicited promotional emails or 'newsletters' as they like to call it

If you entered any of the compettitions or ever filled in a questionaire or form and entered your email adress on the websites there is usally a little check box to either check or uncheck to be added to the mailing list.

From a legal view point, this is an open forum, but you cannot make allegations with out proof or justification as the companies you unjustly named and shamed if they so pleased can cause alot of trouble for you I doubt they will but still.

I'm on Biccicletas mailing list and they don't realy send out that many I rather enjoy recieving them as I then have a chance to get excellent product cheaper and all cyclist like to save money.

Your post is unjustified and just plain childish, realy gettting a few emails from time to time is no reason to get upset.

The BPT newsletter was actually quite useful. I am voluntarily on their mailing list by the way.

I'm a bit pissed that I didn't get the bicciclets one!

Just because they send out an occasional newsletter doesn't make them spammers. If they bombard you with mails and keep sending them after you ask them to stop, then I'd say you can call them spammers.

Guest Big H

Yawn ....... the delete button is on the upper left hand of your keyboard. Do you crap in your panties when you receive Game, Makro and Edgars advertisements. They kill trees for these ads and rather send them hatemail!!!!!!!!

Sorry Pretorium....the fact my girlfriend is away for 10 days for work has nothing to do with it....honest

Mecnic....I have never(and I mean NEVER) had ANY dealings with either of these companies. Not in ANY way. I'm fully aware of those little tick boxes because I ALWAYS untick them. However, I have never even visited either of these companies' websites or entered any competitions.

As for me having to provide proof, I have the emails don't I? Speaking of proof, I do believe that legally THEY are required to provide proof of where they obtained my email address.

And really, I would LOVE for them to try and cause me trouble in this regard. Really...I would LOVE to see them try.

As for your comments regarding it being childish and unjustified, that's your opinion. I'll have my own thanks.

The fact is that these guys send content rich emails that I didn't ask for and it costs me money. Did you know that it's actually against the law...?

I get more spam than I do actual normal emails. Maybe I'm just not popular enough, but that's besides the point. I can't do anything about Dr.Peter McWealth who emails me 17 times a day about my unclaimed funds but I can kick up a fuss about companies that have a public image....and I will

Oh my you Capies like to moan..

Check this..somewhere on you inbox there is a button that says "Delete". Whenever you get one of these privacy invading e mails again just click it.

Hello Big H and Muds.....I know where the delete button is. Thanks anyway.

It's such a cliche but I'll use it anyway.....It's about principles....they abuse my time and money and it's not right

But I guess that's just me.

Here's your legal recourse:

http://www.ispa.org.za/spam/south-african-law

Basically you can ask them to remove you from the list and to tell you where they got your info from. They must comply with these requests (there's even a nice legal-looking letter template).

You could also report them to the ISPA as spammers right now, though I doubt you'd have much success following that avenue unless other people are complaining or if they didn't comply with your request above.

Have you ever asked to be taken off the list ... with Shamus it would have simply been a PM to him ...?