They must be mad

Konaman

These guys from Molteno in the Eastern Cape have a "winter swim" every yr with the first snow in town. I suppose it kills all the flu bugs! They had it this pass weekend.(pic from facebook)

20100617_105636_Molteno_snow.jpg

Hi,

I think it must take a lot of OLD BROWN SHERRY to do that, or to warm up after,

Regards

Sarge

At the Rhodes Trail run held in the town of Rhodes every July, runners get the chance to join the Polar Bear club which is a kaalgat swim (after dark) in the Bell River. Temperatures are generally negative and appendages become extremely small within a matter of seconds. biggrin.gif

At the Rhodes Trail run held in the town of Rhodes every July, runners get the chance to join the Polar Bear club which is a kaalgat swim (after dark) in the Bell River. Temperatures are generally negative and appendages become extremely small within a matter of seconds. biggrin.gif

So by looking at you I take it you've done it a few times. :lol:

Brave ! :o

Thug - When in July is that trail run? Would like to go through Rhodes again and would need to have a good excuse for Wife as the last time we stayed over in Rhodes at a lovely guest house, temp was -12.

Thanx

went to Hermanus a couple of years ago. First mornign, off to the beach. So the water temp on the board reads 10. So we stood there, contemplating the challenge. And down the stairs come 6 quite senior citizens. All in gowns, towels over the shoulder. We think "they don't know the water temp do they"! And they go , off with the gowns, into the water. We had to go swim, otherwise those lot would have laughed at us. But good *(*(& *(*%%$$ *&^%*&%, that was F*(&(*&ing cold. :o

went to Hermanus a couple of years ago. First mornign, off to the beach. So the water temp on the board reads 10. So we stood there, contemplating the challenge. And down the stairs come 6 quite senior citizens. All in gowns, towels over the shoulder. We think "they don't know the water temp do they"! And they go , off with the gowns, into the water. We had to go swim, otherwise those lot would have laughed at us. But good *(*(& *(*%%$$ *&^%*&%, that was F*(&(*&ing cold. :o

That was their daily anti-wrinkle treatment

• 2 weeks later...

Old people just dont seem to feel the cold anymore.

Maybe their nerves have died as well.

When I go diving with my dad he just doesnt get cold.

I have booties on, proper gloves, freezing my ass off.

The one day I even saw that his top was coming open and cold water was flowing in and he didnt even know.

:wacko: