WC food packs.

gummibear

This is what the cops working at the Soccer World cup games in PE are getting for a 16 hour shift.

Even worse is the shock if you had to find out what was paid for these meals.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs080.ash2/37350_1496710105511_1466863502_31268145_5334720_n.jpg

That is a light snack...not a meal...and yeah I buy my own like Azonic.

Maybe I should strike?

Agree @Azonic. Wish my boss gave me R60 worth of snacks each day (that is what the above would have cost me at my local Spar).

cbrunsdon2010-06-18 09:13:50

These cops are "walking the streets" for 16 hours ... any labour law would say you should feed your staff after a 10 hours shift I think it is.

This is not food.

Don't give me that well I have to buy my own food when working overtime story ..... you don't put your life on the line every day like many of the cops do ...

I have it under good advisement that the CT boys doing the shifts get R550.00 a day extra pay in their pay checks .... this from a lady in the office who's boyfriend is on the beat ... apparently all cops also need to wear uniform while the WC is on (He is a inspector so can wear civies to work) and this she likes as she likes her man in uniform ... chicks

These cops are "walking the streets" for 16 hours ... any labour law would say you should feed your staff after a 10 hours shift I think it is.

This is not food.

Don't give me that well I have to buy my own food when working overtime story ..... you don't put your life on the line every day like many of the cops do ...

Back when I was putting in the "hard graft" to be a metallurgist I was working 12 hour shifts in an iron foundry - average temp is 45 degrees - salary - crapola because I was "unqualified" - air quality - shocking.

I paid for my own meals, sweated bullets, spent my measly pay cheque wisely and smiled. Why? Because I knew that was the deal. I signed the papers and did the work.

Hard work never hurt anybody - pack some lunch and do your job because it pays the bills. Thats how it works. This "oh my god human rights, poor them,  they're people too bullsh*t" really pisses me off.

I've been to most "poor" countries in the world and no one in South Africa with any form of job can claim to be poor. Once you've seen child labour, paid slaves, real "hard labour" and the like you'll realise that sitting on your ass "guarding" a stadium is a damn cushy job.

And this is usually what happens when you give them-who-shall-not-be-named-or-I-will-be-called-a-racist, food parcels, as what happened at the new Eskom Medupi power station which is currently under construction.

20100618_093005_tn_Image030.jpg

20100618_093025_tn_Image031.jpg

20100618_093043_tn_Image032.jpg

20100618_093104_tn_Image033.jpg

20100618_093145_tn_Image034.jpg

20100618_093210_tn_Image035.jpg

20100618_093237_tn_Image036.jpg

This is not food.

Disagree with that mentality as it justifies low wages.

That food wastage is disgusting ...on could feed many a hungry child with that wasted food.

This is not food.

Disagree with that mentality as it justifies low wages.

Sorry ... I lost you there.

I am not condning low wages. Stating a reference to the labour law ...?

I have spent many a 24-36-48 hour shift paying for my own food though.

SA has one of the, if not th?, laziest workforce on earth. And here they are getting rather lekker snacks, not FOOD, that's your own responsibility, and some of them will go and complain about it? That's a cheek.

That food wastage is disgusting ...on could feed many a hungry child with that wasted food.

Yeah, one would think that "The Disadvantaged' would be sensitive to that, but alas, no. Typical...

I have it under good advisement that the CT boys doing the shifts get R550.00 a day extra pay in their pay checks

They are getting R800 a day before tax but not all are getting it the unions are still fighting it.