Edge 500 software update????

crasher

while on garmin site it showed new software for my edge 500

I did the update it said 100% complete but then bought up an error screen I tried it 3 times it always has the same error at the end

Anyway disconnected it took it outside and it said found new software version etc and it updated itself

I had to re enter my user data and re set up my data screens (thought it would of kept this?)

Went around the block seems to be working fine and uploads all data

But if I go on garmin site it stills says new software available it looks like the error at the end maybe stops the recognition of the new software?

If I look on the unit itself it says software version as 2.30

if I look at my download from yesterdays fast and furious it says next to mt edge 2.9.0.0

The one today after the update shows 2.29.0.0

If some one could check their edge and see there versions they could put my mind at ease that it is correct as I hate errors when changing software

Thanks

If I go "About Garmin" on the head unit is says v2.30

Seems something went wrong with the update?

• 1 month later...

I got my Edge 500 from EasyGis earlier this week and it shows Garmin Edge 500 2.9.0.0 (NOT 2.29.0.0) (I'll keep it as such and won't use and run the WebUpdater....). Have used it for 3 days....BEAUTIFUL!!!

check....at bottom next to device...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/43208927

I have no idea what the latest version should be???? :blink: BUT, I have also noticed 2.29.0.0 compared to 2.9.0.0.... :o

I got my Edge 500 from EasyGis earlier this week and it shows Garmin Edge 500 2.9.0.0 (NOT 2.29.0.0) (I'll keep it as such and won't use and run the WebUpdater....). Have used it for 3 days....BEAUTIFUL!!!

check....at bottom next to device...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/43208927

I have no idea what the latest version should be???? :blink: BUT, I have also noticed 2.29.0.0 compared to 2.9.0.0.... :o

Nice max speed 83km/h

Nice max speed 83km/h

Only noticed that now....that's wrong...my max this morning was 50,9km/h.... :blink: seems like I do need a software update... :(

Latest software:

Garmin Edge 500, 2.40.0.0

B)

Thanks Spinnekop, what then means Garmin Edge 500 2.9.0.0 when on connect.garmin.com?? :blink:

Thanks Spinnekop, what then means Garmin Edge 500 2.9.0.0 when on connect.garmin.com?? :blink:

Meen sy koppie is dalk nie lekker nie..... ;) :lol:

I could not wrong anything on the new firmware upgrade. Go for it!!

Meen sy koppie is dalk nie lekker nie..... ;) :lol:

I could not wrong anything on the new firmware upgrade. Go for it!!

Dan sal ek maar vanaand daai WebUpdater ding doen en my Edge opkoppel om sy seer koppie te herstel.... :D :D

Gerhardc, something wrong with you software for sure. I see similar loops on the top left, yet one goes through the velt and through build up neighborhood. See that?

Gerhardc, something wrong with you software for sure. I see similar loops on the top left, yet one goes through the velt and through build up neighborhood. See that?

Yip saw that....on the first loop (1st kilometre or so) the GPS took a while to plot itself... :blink: