Reputation?

Stryder

The "Reputation" field on your profile links up with the post voting system. On each forum post you'll see the following two icons in the lower right hand corner: add.png delete.png

The add.png gives positive reputation points and the delete.png negative.

It can be particularly useful in Q&A forums where it could be used to rate the quality of the responses and identify the best answer to the initial question. We'll need to get a feel for how people use it as I'm not sure it will be applicable to all the forums on The Hub.

Guest Agteros

The "Reputation" field on your profile links up with the post voting system. On each forum post you'll see the following two icons in the lower right hand corner: add.png delete.png

The add.png gives positive reputation points and the delete.png negative.

It can be particularly useful in Q&A forums where it could be used to rate the quality of the responses and identify the best answer to the initial question. We'll need to get a feel for how people use it as I'm not sure it will be applicable to all the forums on The Hub.

Agree, elsewhere it has been used as a mechanism to boost egos and as a groupie counter and has become quite meaningless in fact

Guest Agteros

Os, lyk my jy boer agteruit met die plus one goeters...

Wat is multi quoute - al wat ek met daai knoppie kan doen is goed hi-light.

Lyk asof mens veskillende artikels kan quote want die knoppies bly ge-highlight as mens dit druk, maar dan werk dit nie so nie... nie seker nie. Ons sal seker so met die tyd saam leer.

Ja dis jammer die groupies van 'n ander kontinent fight hulle fights hier.... Presies soos voorspel: 'n "My maatjie" knoppie [LOL]

Guest Agteros

Admin,

Seems like I'm in the middle of a fight between the two cycling forums... :D

Is there a mechanism whereby the reputation voting can be turned into a non-anonymous slander platform? Instead of a back slapping / back stabbing platform, how about showing who likes/agrees vs dislikes/disagree with a post?

Admin,

Seems like I'm in the middle of a fight between the two cycling forums... :D

Is there a mechanism whereby the reputation voting can be turned into a non-anonymous slander platform? Instead of a back slapping / back stabbing platform, how about showing who likes/agrees vs dislikes/disagree with a post?

I'll see what can be done... as I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure that it's something that'll work in all forums. I'd like to see how people take to it and perhaps limit the feature to those forums where it can be of real value from a content point of view.

I'll see what can be done... as I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure that it's something that'll work in all forums. I'd like to see how people take to it and perhaps limit the feature to those forums where it can be of real value from a content point of view.

The only place I can personally see this being relevant is in rating peoples buying/selling (maybe a feedback page can be included on each persons profile where people can leave comments - which should include their name and not be anonymous). Any anonymous feedback function will be abused by the minority which renders it meaningless for the majority as you can not trust the feedback given. I think a lot of users would really appreciate a feedback area to judge how much you can trust someone before entering into a transaction.

The only place I can personally see this being relevant is in rating peoples buying/selling (maybe a feedback page can be included on each persons profile where people can leave comments - which should include their name and not be anonymous). Any anonymous feedback function will be abused by the minority which renders it meaningless for the majority as you can not trust the feedback given. I think a lot of users would really appreciate a feedback area to judge how much you can trust someone before entering into a transaction.

I have to agree with Shaun here. <_<

I have to agree with Shaun here. <_>

I've disabled it for now. I think we need to look at how best to implement it.