CRC order that went wrong

Elvis

OK so me and a few mates did another CRC order. It was quite a big order. When I got to the post office to collect my order it was put in two boxes. The Post Office insisted on letting me pay VAT twice because there are two boxes. Well I contacted customs and they said that all they can do was for me to send the bixes back so that they can change the amount. Man it's frustrating. It says clearly on the boxes box 1 of 2 and box 2 of 2. :rolleyes: :huh: :huh:

honestly, that sounds like a rip. there should be very clear directives concerning double charging for stuff. however, on what amount was each VAT payable on? where there individual totals per box, or were u supposed to pay the same VAT per box irrespective of content value?

unbelievable that we have such dof people in SAPO/Customs....hang in there Henri!! there's a silver lining somewhere.... :mellow:

If I understand correctly you are saying there was duplicate invoices and they charged VAT on both?

That shouldnt be difficult to sort out, if the invoice numbers are the same, otherwise I dont understand what you mean.

Everything, Vat and Duties, is calculated on the invoice value,the number of boxes is immaterial.

If I understand correctly you are saying there was duplicate invoices and they charged VAT on both?

That shouldnt be difficult to sort out, if the invoice numbers are the same, otherwise I dont understand what you mean.

Everything, Vat and Duties, is calculated on the invoice value,the number of boxes is immaterial.

I agree there, otherwise you pay double tax which is basically fraud, they cant make u pay the same invoice twice, cause then that person who helped u can pocket the one amount because the books will only show the other amount needed.