Killer Bees

Paddaman

In a moment of exercised induced retail therapy, I bought two killer bee 2inch tyres. Yes they were cheap (not as cheap as the hub) but cheap never the less, and it was an exercise induced stupidty that got me to buy them anyway.

I thought kool cheap tyres, with no grip, ideal for cummuting and maybe for transbaviaans.

Now I have spent the money and have to prove to the minister of finance that tyres are worth more than a romantic dinner at Moyo's.So I ripped my two year old tyres (those small block eight tyres never die) off my single speed rims and re shod them with the killer bees. Hell the beading was tight, almost lost a finger in the mounting of them on the rim.

Back to Groenkloof (not Moyo's, but the single track). Some observations:

These tyres have no rolling resistance, before you know it you are breaking the speed limit. Lucky those pimples on the tyres are more persistent than a teenagers zips before prom or else I would have burped the burms and landed half way up a girrafes neck. Breaking was great, and two zebra that had laid an ambush in the um bushes were surprised at the tyres stopping abilities. Okay climbing was a bit of a problem, I slid once or twice on Onion Hill STANDING in my only gear 32x17, so maybe with stronger legs and a seated position, the rear wheel would not hop. Decent was fine, the wheel stayed where it was supposed to, and even with over 2.5 bar pressure the ride was comfortable on the rear.

So okay three things need to be confirmed. Firstly, How does it wear. When you wear very little to nothing in terms of tread you are going to lose the it fast. HAs vredenstein developed a longer lasting rubber or not. (But then at the price who cares). Secondly, Side wall cuts? The nemesis or all tubeless tyres, with little tread and a thin tyre, when wil it happen? Lastly, punctures? Is the carcuss strong enough to fend off thorns and glass? the tread is little, but does that really effect the rest of the tyre?

Now I will go and do the route again just to check.

These tyres are quick and cheap - now, anyything that is quick & cheap will leave you with something - either a rash or a roasty.

Dont even think about getting any type of lasting out of them - they are, afterall - quick and fast

They are good to race with but good luck trying to get them off your hoops again

TIGHT LIKE A TIGER

These tyres are quick and cheap - now, anyything that is quick & cheap will leave you with something - either a rash or a roasty.

Dont even think about getting any type of lasting out of them - they are, afterall - quick and fast

They are good to race with but good luck trying to get them off your hoops again

TIGHT LIKE A TIGER

Just like all things cheap and fast, I will cut them off once I have worn them out.........

TIGHT LIKE A TIGER

My hard tail Merida is rolling on a set of Killer Bee's for the last couple of months, and I do a lot of tarmc training, and are yet to notice the wear. These Killers are in my opinion awesome tyres with great rolling capabilities and virtually no resistance, and not too bad off road in sandy conditions, although they are intended for hard pack surface. Originally I had to choose between Schwalbe's Furious Fred and Killer Bee's, which are both virtually nobblyless, and fast rollers, but because of Schwalbe's warning that the FF is puncture prone, I settle for the less expensive option, and got great tyres with a fair share of puncture protection. In conclution, Killer Bee will be my replacement tyre, only once I manage to run the little tred pattern off!

I had a set. Ja, they are fast. But I had to cut the bead to get the tires off the rim again. Good luck if you need to repair it on your Sunday morning ride by inserting a tube...

Used a pair on Desert Dash and they are ideal for soft sandy non-technical. the moment you are gonna get technical with these boys u better hold on. I used the 2.4 and found that they tend to grip better than I was expecting. If ur race is non technical on a secondary road for example its the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

They've been recommended to me for the Imana. Put them on yesterday and have yet to ride on them.