Now tell me something..

epoh

I been haven't kept tabs on the whole licensing thing but i have been told you need to take out a R30 day license these days if you want to race. Now will this R30 license allow you to ride with the lic elites? Would you be able to enter lic elites online and when you go pick up your number pay for your day lic elites license? If not, what is this R30 thing about then and what does it allow you to do?

Whats the big deal? My license for MTB and road cost me R240 for the year including insurance. You guys spend thousands on carbon bottel cages etc etc. Just spend the money and get a flipping license

Fandacious I spend 1000's on my bikes cause it is mine !!! I am not gonna give 10 bucks to anything if I don't know what it is for and how it will get used . Knock yourself out , myself just had 3 beers from the R30 i saved today . The time to get a license is getting closer but not because I am being forced to get one or really want one but because it seems CSA realized they must listen to the cyclists and give them what they want . But giving money to somebody just because they asked you to seems a bit illogical to me !

Ok...

I've been living on Mars.

So who feels like referring others like me to the correct thread, or explaing it all to others like me...

What does this licensing requirement mean to a social rider like me, who every now and then - wants to enter the odd mtb race, and doesn't mind where he starts?

Do I also need a license - if so, where can I get one?

And what are the permutations of not getting one - will I not be allowed to enter races?

Apologies for the ignorance.

Mars is far away.

And its a Monday.

And its cold.

Thanks!

Ok...

So who feels like referring others like me to the correct thread' date=' or explaing it all to others like me...

What does this licensing requirement mean to a social rider like me, who every now and then - wants to enter the odd mtb race, and doesn't mind where he starts?

And what are the permutations of not getting one - will I not be allowed to enter races?

Mars is far away.

And its a Monday.

And its cold.

Thanks!
[/quote']

you won't be needing a licence if you're riding on marsLOL

Ok...

So who feels like referring others like me to the correct thread' date=' or explaing it all to others like me...

Mars is far away.

And its a Monday.

And its cold.

Thanks!
[/quote']

you won't be needing a licence if you're riding on marsLOL

True.

Nothing quite makes my day like throwing a big 'up yours' in NASA's general direction.... Wink

RodTi

Being from Mars and all, let me answer as follows. At least this is how I understand.

You need a license. If you get a temp license you can ride, but from the back, with all the other unseeded masses. Cry If you get a proper license, somewhere between Elite and temp, you might be able to ride, you might be seeded, you might have to join a club, etc, but nobody really knows, CSA decided its right, and the provinces will apply the ruling as they see fitDeadDead

Makes me a bit "naar"

I have no problem with paying a license (well actually I do), but this utter "deurmekaarspul"is what gets to me.

At this point it looks like I will be starting the Ama from right at the back because I won't join a club, and I have no license, YET...

That's how I understand it as well Driewiel

You can license through a club, so you get an Elite or a anual license. Not to sure about the cost of the Elite license, but the anual license will cost you R75 rand and this means you can race and get seeded properly. My understanding is also that you can race in any category if you have the Elite License, you don't have to ride Elites.

The R35 license is a day license only and that means you can race but not get seeded, so you start at the back with the 'plebs' (like me).

I could have it wrongQuestionConfused

amateur2007-08-06 04:12:38

I see it as 3 types of licenses

1. CSA full = compete and get seeded in everything

2. Cyclosport = compete and get seeded in everything EXCEPT provincials and nationals

3. Day license = only used on single race day and is unseeded

One way or another, they will get their money.

Cyclosport for me then...

Thanks for the clarification!

Never been licensed and all before...

So, pardon the silly question regarding "seeding", since I've never had any involvement with a sport requiring such like - but does this mean that every race I enter and finish, my times and position will be recorded, which in turn will determine where I start in the next race...?

So this means that the licensing will result in me being placed in a seeding-group - and if I want to get out of it and move to a higher group, which would mean I start earlier - I need to race more often and up my finish times?

Is this correct?

Sounds like this might not be too bad.

Might just act as that little bit of motivation I so sorely need...

2. Cyclosport = compete and get seeded in everything EXCEPT provincials and nationals

One way or another' date=' they will get their money.

[/quote']

And where do you apply for this? Or do I need to join a club...

One way or another' date=' they will get their money.

[/quote']

And where do you apply for this? Or do I need to join a club...

Good question...

Maybe people who know people should ask the people who know the people who run the cycling magazines to put together a "all-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-cycling-licensing" article in the coming editions...