Corima Aero Wheels

Clinton - theCOW

Hi All

Anybody got good or bad comments on the Corima Aero Wheels?

Preferably from 1st hand knowledge, reviews you've read would also help.

Thanks

Hi All

Thanks

I had my first ride on Sunday with a set i got last week. They are stiff light and the hubs are buttery smooth. Really enjoyed them.

Hi All

Thanks

Been using the clincher (road tubeless) model for 18 months now. Roll like a dream, definitely aero, and very strong.

I've been able to compare downhill speeds with ksyriums (bricks) and low-profile eastons (better than the ksyriums), and I go faster on the Corimas, so the aero has been proven in practice.

I've hit some potholes (sorry, Swift, this is SA), no problem. I've crashed twice. The rims stayed true -- although once they got horribly scratched by the rough tar (read: rasper) after a tire blowout at 70. I replaced the scratched rim because of the braking surface, but the rim was true.

Braking on carbon works, but it does take a little getting used to because there is less feedback.

Thanks, cos i've been looking at a set of deep sections and i'm really unsure of what to buy since you have the "bigger" brands like Zipp 404's, Easton EC90's, HED Jets, Mavic Cosmic, Reynolds Assault/46's etc competing against the no name brand "taiwanese/HK" makes at half the price.

I've spoken to somebody i know who's ridden a set, also said they were stiff as hell and a really great wheel. Better than even Zipp, HED & Mavic.

Just looking at as much feedback as i can get, since spending money to then change afterwards isn't what i want to do.

Thanks again!