Cold weather.

Did the Fountains Cycle race last week and struggled to breath in the cold air. My lungs were still burning two days after the race.

At race pace sucking in that cold air can’t be good... I'm sure it affects your performance in some way....

How does the cold weather in the morning reflect on ones racing abilities?

Hmmmm is that rhetorical?

Have seen dudes wearing bibs, top, no leg/knee warmers, no arm warmers, no gloves, in the A group or EL league, racing the freaking sheeet outta everybody, in the middle of a knysna winter..

Go figure.

Have seen dudes wearing bibs, top, no leg/knee warmers, no arm warmers, no gloves, in the A group or EL league, racing the freaking sheeet outta everybody, in the middle of a knysna winter..

Go figure.

Knysna doesn't get cold

I love the cold , cause there is no one out training , so when you getto a race you are stronger than most others , last week wednesday I have a ave temp of -2 and a min temp of -6 my camel bak pipe froze , lekker :D

I aint no expert but is water freezes that is cold. I love the cold, but hate the windchill. And the having to stow extra layers as i heats up.

well.. the colder the air that goes into a turbo the better it works? so we should in theory cycle better, but heng the cold air burns and must make you sick. bed is a good place

I will set it on "hard" Ha HA HA Ha ahh oh oh yes YES yes YES oh no I just prematurely intervalated. :unsure:

mmm, cold air. Your core temp will drop from the cold air and your body will use up energy to try and warm itself and so you'll lose energy. - my opinion