Chain-L Chain lube Reviews (bottom of page) and Poll

Chain-L

27 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried Chain-L chain lube yet?

• Yes, its the best out there
    • Yes, but need more time on the bike to really test
    • No, but would like to try it (PM me)!
    • Have no intention to try it.
  2. 2. What lube do you currently use?

• Chain-L
    • Squirt
    • Rock 'n Roll
    • Finish Line
    • WD40/Q20
    • Other

Take some time to read the following reviews.

MTBR.com (it is the highest ranking lube which has more than 5 reviews-24 reviews avg 4.92 from 5!!)

Chain-L website more independant review links on the site.

Road.cc Review

BigBikes Blog

BigBikes follow up

Roadbike review.com 9 Reviews, all 5 star for Value and Overall Rating

Should you wish to order a bottle to try, please email me at ryallatdelcielo.co.za or PM me!

Ok Ok,

I might as well try it. Where can I find it, and how much?

Hey Wallee, you have PM

Wanted to try new lube for some time now. Couple of questions:

I use dry wax based squirt at the moment on my mtb and road during winter and summer(wet) conditions.

For what conditions can chain L be used?

What I like about the wax based dry lube is that I can touch the chain without getting black chain marks on my hands. How is chain L? CanI use chain L on my derailleur etc?

Seems cool for the road bike, but prefer Rock n Roll Extreme for my MTB for muddy terrains , will do some more testing when it is dry and dusty.

Wanted to try new lube for some time now. Couple of questions:

I use dry wax based squirt at the moment on my mtb and road during winter and summer(wet) conditions.

For what conditions can chain L be used?

What I like about the wax based dry lube is that I can touch the chain without getting black chain marks on my hands. How is chain L? CanI use chain L on my derailleur etc?

Hi Stewie

Chain-L works great in any condition for road and MTB. Being a wet lube, it is impossible to have a sparkling clean chain, but if applied and then wiped as clean as possible after is soaked in, it is possible to run the chain very clean. You can also give the chain a dry wipe after the ride with no need to apply more lube after every ride.

Everybody prefers an ultra clean chain, but unfortunately that is impossible with a wet lube. A dry lube simply cannot do the same job for lubricating your chain and giving you smooth running, slick shifting, eliminates chain suck in really extreme conditions and staying in your chain for much longer. This will in the long run also save you some money on replacing chains and chainrings due to less wear causing friction.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Hi Stewie

Chain-L works great in any condition for road and MTB. Being a wet lube, it is impossible to have a sparkling clean chain, but if applied and then wiped as clean as possible after is soaked in, it is possible to run the chain very clean. You can also give the chain a dry wipe after the ride with no need to apply more lube after every ride.

Everybody prefers an ultra clean chain, but unfortunately that is impossible with a wet lube. A dry lube simply cannot do the same job for lubricating your chain and giving you smooth running, slick shifting, eliminates chain suck in really extreme conditions and staying in your chain for much longer. This will in the long run also save you some money on replacing chains and chainrings due to less wear causing friction.

Let me know if you have more questions.

"Dry Lube simply cannot do the same job"? Why not?

"eliminates chain suck in really extreme conditions and staying in your chain for much longer": Chain suck is caused; primarily by worn chainrings, a slackish chain and force applied, after lube and into any ride the lube is soon void from the outer rollers, a well lubed chain is evident within the rollers and pins!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My partner and I used Chain-L in the Trans Baviaans. I have used it for a while now and my partner for the first time. We applied it once the night before the race en wiped the chain clean before the start.

We were very impressed with how quiet the drive train was. Shifting was always smooth. We do keep our bikes dry though, which also helps. I applied some squirt at Berg Plaas just for the hell of it. I'm sure it was not necessary. We were both amazed how quiet our chains were climbing out the Never Ender with all the other bikes squeaking away.

I am about to order more of this. Good product!