Ride partner needed for Kalahari Challenge

MichH

Hi all

Haven't been onto the site in absolutely ages!

I find myself in a situation. Dad and I have ridden the Kalahari Challenge twice and have entered again for this year. But he has just found out that his thyroid is overfunctioning and his blood sugar is outside normal levels. Whilst they put him on medication and get it back under control, he's not allowed to do any strenuous exercise.

Which leaves me without a ride partner for a race happening in just over a month.

So if there is anyone who wants to race with me (read: ride fast but not out to win prizes), please let me know and we can make a plan to meet, ride together, etc.

The race is on the weekend of the 24-25th July and as it is in Botswana you need a passport (I guess if there's any reason that you can't leave the country, say an outstanding courtcase, you're excluded chuckle!)

Costs for the race is low, the riding is awesome, I'm a nice person (grin!). Let me know!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of partner do you expect to get? Level of fitness etc?

At the moment, the kind who can make the race on this short notice and pay half the entry :-)

But seriously, I've done Sani2C twice, plus a couple of other stage races, Dusi Mfula, KalChal, Berg & Bush Descent. I have a 5.5 inch dual sus and I love riding technical trail. Not the fastest, ride a 40km singletrack loop in Honeydew in about 3 hours.

I would suggest if you're serious, that we do a ride together to see if we have a similar pace etc.

Sho, cost to get to the race will be the problem with this one for most people...

By that I assume the kind of people who frequent The Hub has worsened?? The race costs R2500 for the team i.e. R1250 each. I have free accomodation for Friday night, tented accomodation for the overnight and 3 up in the car for the way there and back (it's about 4 hours from Jhb). Not a very expensive race.

Sho, cost to get to the race will be the problem with this one for most people...

Not really.

Distance is similar to Jhb to Sabie ( one and a half tanks of fuel round trip), Botswana road permit is cheap and some of the Botswana riders will let you stay in their homes free on Friday night.

One can leave after lunch on Friday and be home at about 9pm on Sunday.

Gabs is 3h30 drive...........try share the driving costs.

And my dad is willing to drive us up and drive us home on Sunday afternoon so a chauffeured trip nogal :-)

And my dad is willing to drive us up and drive us home on Sunday afternoon so a chauffeured trip nogal :-)

Already entered, but sure someone will take you up on this.

trying to smoog for 2 hot waterbottles...........

That's aiming low, if you schmooze him well enough, you may get Kranswurm as the hot waterbottle :blink:

HEY Kranswurm! Paid my entry today and sent you proof! Now we just have to find me a ride partner!

trying to smoog for 2 hot waterbottles...........

You must admit that that was just about the most original goodie bag item ever B)

You must admit that that was just about the most original goodie bag item ever B)

Most useful ever!!

That's aiming low, if you schmooze him well enough, you may get Kranswurm as the hot waterbottle :blink:

HEY Kranswurm! Paid my entry today and sent you proof! Now we just have to find me a ride partner!

Howzit MichH

Look forward to seeing you

You staying with Nev and Kim?

Have not received that confirmation yet.

He he.....I don't get cold like a waterbottle :P