MTB Wheel weights and cheap wheel sets

wez1wp

Hi Guys and Girls

Im battling with wheel purchases, I want to buy a decent set of wheels for my 2005 Trek 9.8 but am not sure of the weight of wheel i should be looking for ? I see some nice looking wheels on ebay that go for a good price but are not shimano dt swiss or whatever good well known brands out there. So I would like to know if anyone has any advice about this for me? I want a "flashy" wheel that is light weight but strong. and i dont want to spend much,, is ebay a bad idea?

Wez1wppost-11242-033118600 1277567872.jpg

What is not wanting to spend much? My first bike I wanted to spend "much". Now my next wheelset will be more than that and this time I don't want to spend much.

So give a budget. And also lightweight and strong should not be used in the same sentence. Do you want racing wheels, training wheels or all round wheels?

Buying from ebay is not a bad idea, but I would read some reviews before buying.

ta

but i just need some all round wheels..that are pimping,,, spending about R 3k

looking at these RODI wheels in the pic above

those are all mountain wheels...check the thru axle on the front hub they will be heavy and strong....

better to buy from some one on the hub. The wheels they sell are usually good wheels,and if they are not , noone wants a bad rep on the hub.

Contact Tarmac. He has a set of XTR wheels and if they aren't pimped enough, then get some wheels decals from tyerone

Maybe check that you can get the freehub body (spare) for these as well. And if the hubs have seals on them, I am also looking at a new set of wheels but I think I will try and buy the hubs, rims and spokes and have them built up.