Fine Print or Ripped Off

The Saint

So here is the deal. As much as I bitched and moaned about the licensing issue I went ahead and applied for a Cyclo sport License, paid my 75 bucks and filled out the forms.

My Cyclo Sport License duly arrives today in the post - thank you very much.

Date Of Issue - 31-07-07

Valid Until - 31-12-07

??????? Ummmmm did I just buy a 5 month license? My understanding is that it would be valid for 1 year. This system seems to me that licenses are only valid for the year in which they are issued. Therefore getting a license in December 2007 is only going to secure you a license for 1 month.

Can somebody please explain this to me or have I just missed something?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely then the amount you should have paid would need to have been pro-rata'd? Oops!!!!........an "innocent" oversight by the authorities?

I will refrain from further comment until the relevant authorities get back to me on this issue, as stated I may have missed something in the documentation.

Thanks. Will do.

By the way I don't think it is a bad deal if the following applies..

a) You are going to do two races before the end of the year and don't have to pay for the temp licence at R 30.00

or

b) you intend to do more than two races, in which case you will still be in the seeded groups as you are only allowed two temp. licences for the year.

Or have I got it wrong?

I also bought a licence recently through Pedalpower and yes, R75 for a Cyclosport and I don't have the option of temp licences if I want to ride league!  Funny that, I would have expected CSA licences to run per cycling year (like PPA from 1 July onwards) or at least do a pro rata thing.

Disappointed...

They have no pro rata concept for the licenses. They have a flat fee per annum no matter when you join in that year.

The finner fin print they don't tell you if you don't ask.

THere used to be a discount if you join after 1/7 of a year. Your club shouldh've told you, if that is where you got your forms.

I think licencing is in line with UCI calender year rules.

Big%20smile

MMmmm I'm reminded each time I read these posts why I don't race any longer - such petty issues around licencing & the fees one has to pay just to enter events that for me has become dull & insignificant due to me having to pay for a licence & only got a few months worth ?? - yes like many others I've done ....

As far as timing goes & Timing companies not honouring contracts (SHAME FOR THOSE THAT RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK) truth be told I'm waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy past the stage of cracking & wanting to crack sub 3's & what not - I purposfully left my chips at home & raced for the fun of it - hey thats just me ...

So enjoy the diatribe of authorities enforcing licencing on us mere "fun riders" or whatever way U wanna put it & enjoy racing ... not for me Thumbs%20Down

DTThumbs%20Up"