On the verge of giving up on thehub website.

Jaco Steyn

I am almost on the verge of giving up on The Hub website. Since the "upgrade" I have to refresh the address bar a few times before a page loads. It takes extremely long to load a page when comparing to the previous one. I have cleared by browser cache, but the problems still remains. The new way of previewing a post sucks to say the least, and even that takes ages to load. All other sites I access loads fast enough, so there is nothing wrong with my connection. A good example of how a forum should look, function and load, go to the http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/ website. I am using IE8 and have no plans to use brower X,Y, or Z. I have never had a problem with any version IE, so why should I change now? PLEASE Admin, bring back the old site!

you know steyn, just cos it's what u've always used, doesnt always mean it will as good now when you first started appreciating it. This is especially true in the world of computers in terms of software and hardware lifecycles. Back in the day, and probably today still, but to a far lesser extent, because of microsofts dominance, web pages were designed for internet Explorer, or internet exploder as it's often times more affectionaly refeerred to.

But progress occurs. While u might be used to IE, there are better browsers out there. way better. Microsoft's acknowledgement of that fact is IE 9, and i will bet, IE 9 will COPY everything every other browser already has and has had for some time now. As i like to say, head in the sand means ass in the air. Be prepared to be reamed.

IE 8 is slow, it's clunky: it's the software equivalent of turd stuck to your shoe.

My rant aside: i've loaded the new hub on my IE8, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the loading speed (still a tad slower than my Opera browser though), nor with the way it's rendered.

What problems exactly are you experiencing? screen caps might help to better describe a particular dilemma.

I am almost on the verge of giving up on The Hub website. Since the "upgrade" I have to refresh the address bar a few times before a page loads. It takes extremely long to load a page when comparing to the previous one.

I can relate to that issue. Experiencing the same problem here, using IE8. What is wrong??

I am useing IE 8 with no hassles.It took a while but i am getting used to it now.There are so many new features.Give them a go. :)

Having similar problems with both IE and Firefox.

Have spend too much time here anyway, so easier to just close the browser and do something worthwhile.

ADMIN.. I'm sure there's a quite a few more Hubbers with the same REFRESH problem, plz look into it. Tks.

I run IE8 at work and Chrome at home and haven't had any issues... Dig the new site!

Site is working beautifully in firefox 3.6.6 and the poo in a shoe IE8, even on my slow 384 line.

Works for me in Firefox. IE is a worthless pile ok *** anyhow. I did prefer the old logo, but on the whole the upgrade is pretty sweet.

Having no problems with Firefox 3.6 or IE8, A vast improvement in speed.

The only thing I miss about the old Hub was the ability to ask for a time period, and quickly scroll through all the topics.

Is this facility still available Admin??

I was also experiencing very slow updates. WAS VERY FRUSTRATING!!

I reloaded/downloaded IE8 again, and all my problems vanished.

Dont ask me how, why or when things went wrong, but now a pleasure to be back on The Hub.

I was also experiencing very slow updates. WAS VERY FRUSTRATING!!

I reloaded/downloaded IE8 again, and all my problems vanished.

Dont ask me how, why or when things went wrong, but now a pleasure to be back on The Hub.

Maybe I should reload IE8.

i use chrome and super fast very impressed

well done guys you have done a Stirling : job