Northern Farm

Tumbleweed

Hippo's are bad characters, absolutely no tolerance for anything that disturbs them.....

Do not go looking for trouble with this dude.

Yikes ! I'm rather hoping this is one and the same hippo that lives in and around Heritage Lake at Heia safari and that it has decided to relocate. Damn hippo makes open water swimming at Heritage a rather perilous affair. Periscopes down ! :lol:

Hippo's are bad characters, absolutely no tolerance for anything that disturbs them.....

Do not go looking for trouble with this dude.

Much like me in the morning before I get coffee.

Just to warn anyone who rides the Northern Farm route, they have an unwanted guest in the form of a HIPPO staying in the Fish Eagle Dam. Saw him while riding there two weeks ago. He is MASSIVE!!! Apparently he has come all the way from Harties... Just be aware and don't leave small children unattended!!!

Harties has hippos?

Harties has hippos?

Shouldn't be too hard to spot them mooching around as I should imagine they are bright green from that awful water!

he has been there for quite some time, every time they try to relocate him he seems to vanish, he has been named Houdini for that reason.

have heard many reports that he wanders in and out of the surrounding properties at will which is why they cant find him.

not sure if he is the offending party in the Harties and Heritage Lake spotting but from what i remember, my ex girlfriend does the database admin for Northern Farm, he was originally from Heia safari yes.

best advise is stay well clear

Scary. At the food place there was a map of the Farm with the dam above the FishEagle Dam saying Hippo! - I thought they were joking and just didn't want mtn bikers to ride there - being for the bird watchers etc.

What do you mean unwanted guest?!?

I'm gonna feel so much safer riding Northern Farms now. Imagine the guys hiding in the reeds waiting to hi-jack a lonely rider when a hippo comes clambering over -> What an awesome thought for a friday :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is Houdini still on the farm? does any one know?

I would like to go have a look at him!!!

last time i was at heia safari one of the two hippos that were there at the time popped up 3 meters away from me. Very scary !!

How save is Northern Farms nowadays?

My friend and i were there about 4 weeks ago we heard that there have been a few hijackings and armed robberies.

I heard that management is busy formulating a solution to this problem with the help of SAPS and a local security company, I hope What ever they are planning works because its an awesome venue!!!