suspension settings

mikesnorth

Howzit

Can anyone provide tips on recommended settings for your suspension when doing riding leaning towards downhill/freeride styles?

Not doing huge jumps, etc but tackling rocky and rooty areas, drop offs, that kinda thing. Riding down and off the beaten track basically.

Using the XC recommended setting makes the bike too "bouncy" in the rear..

Any tips/info appreciated!

Shot

Difficult question to answer.......

Sag should be approx 30-40% of your travel (front and back)

Rebound - slow enough for your front wheel to stick to the ground but fast enough to recover between rocky sections

Compression damping (Fast) - I like mine soft (makes the rocky sections more bareable

Compression damping (Slow) - I like mine hard keeps the bike upright (no nosediving)

Best advice - get your sag amd rebound correct and play with compression damping over the same section

Cool, makes sense.

Thanks

Difficult question to answer.......

Sag should be approx 30-40% of your travel (front and back)

Rebound - slow enough for your front wheel to stick to the ground but fast enough to recover between rocky sections

Compression damping (Fast) - I like mine soft (makes the rocky sections more bareable

Compression damping (Slow) - I like mine hard keeps the bike upright (no nosediving)

Best advice - get your sag amd rebound correct and play with compression damping over the same section