HOT cervelo

_Daemon_

Just more used to the Team' date=' had it for a year, became emotionaly attached.

[/quote']

O cry me a river!!!!  Tongue

And how does the soloist team climb? Read somewhere it's slightly on the heavy side...I guess cause it's so stiff, it climbs well.

Basically just because I like the black and white colour scheme better' date=' looks good with my Bontrager carbon wheels. Pig

Just more used to the Team, had it for a year, became emotionaly attached.
[/quote']

Ok, so you wanna swap your carbon for my brand new team? then you can have two of the bike you are emotionally attached to... Wink

And how does the soloist team climb? Read somewhere it's slightly on the heavy side...I guess cause it's so stiff' date=' it climbs well. [/quote']

Climbs like a rocket, spidey with his commondale could not shake me on the climb at the Kremetart.

also have the soloist team & use it as a training bike.

great ride,  but you do feel every little bump in the road,  but really stiff.

got a carbon seatpost for it,  but just have not gotten round to to putting it on yet.

can be a little heavy when you pick it up,  but you don't really feel it when you are riding the bike. 

i am sure with some light components,  lighter fork,  carbon bar etc. you can get this bike down to about 7kg's.

Climbs like a rocket' date=' spidey with his commondale could not shake me on the climb at the Kremetart.

[/quote']

Some American druggie once wrote in an essay that "it's not about the bike".

For me the biggest plus of the solois is the handling. I used to be sh!t scared to descend. I would get dropped going down a tricky descent. I think I am much more comfortable on the bike, position, etc. Cornering, descending, everything has improved when I moved from a classic frame (previous was a Columbus Vega) to compact.

also have the soloist team & use it as a training bike.

great ride' date='  but you do feel every little bump in the road,  but really stiff.

got a carbon seatpost for it,  but just have not gotten round to to putting it on yet.

can be a little heavy when you pick it up,  but you don't really feel it when you are riding the bike. 

i am sure with some light components,  lighter fork,  carbon bar etc. you can get this bike down to about 7kg's.

[/quote']

..there was one at cycletour expo built to 5.9kgs !! (zero gravity brakes,bare carbon saddle,carbon wheels )

think it is the cheapest frame on the pro tour and i still see photos of the CSC guys riding them in ProCycling and CyclingNews

i am convinced that a lot of the middle to lower priced carbon frames are heavier than the soloist alu

Love this paintjob!!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4946/whitesoloist4so9hd5.jpg

Kewl.... would even look good on a real bicycle!!!!!!!!

i am convinced that a lot of the middle to lower priced carbon frames are heavier than the soloist alu

Wouldn't know what the lower priced carbon frames weigh, but  my Soloist Alu feels very light and its a bottom of the range bike. Obviously the size comes into play(small)

I have ridden a Soloist Team (Alu) for the better part of 27000km. The frame is incredibly stiff which makes for great climbing. It descends very well and is easy to handle. My bike weighs in at 7.4kg (size 56 with Zipps).

The only disadvantage that I can see is that the ride is fairly harsh and that the internal cabling can rattle.

I still think that it one of the best value for money buys around.